Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   PvP Gameplay (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=125)
-   -   STO Frontlines, 1-week to go! (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=271997)

Archived Post 05-27-2012 11:24 AM

STO Frontlines, 1-week to go!

Hi All,

Just wanted to let you all know, the first round of matches kicks-off this coming weekend (2nd June)!

Hope to see you all there!

Time: GMT -8 Pacific Time (US & Canada) till we're all pew-pewed out!

There are some great prizes to be won.

Reply to this thread, or register here, if you are going to participate, so I can start putting the match schedule in place.

For those of you not sure what its all about, just click on my signature and found out more!

Archived Post 05-28-2012 08:31 AM

Hi Bud,

You posted 10am, what time zone ?

Archived Post 05-28-2012 09:06 AM

Hi there sorry. Thats 10:00 am the US server instance.

Archived Post 05-28-2012 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drkfrontiers
Hi there sorry. Thats 10:00 am the US server instance.

Which server? The game server? When I am logged in, the time given is my local time there. I believe Cryptic sits in Seattle, which would make it PDT(Pacific Daylight Time, UTC/GMT -7 hours).

Archived Post 05-28-2012 11:59 AM

I based the time on the time advertised on the forum as thats the easiest for all to get to.

Not sure which zone that is though sorry. I'm from South Africa, so not too sure about the US time zones.

If someone US could help, I would appreciate it. What time zone would be best? You all have so many :)

I'm GMT +2 I think, so 10h00 am would be the equivalent of 20h00 pm for me.

The matches will run through out the day and evening, so even if you are late you will still get to play!

Archived Post 05-28-2012 03:15 PM

Still very new to PvP. Still figuring out how to "build" the right way.
Still, I think I will bring my KDF Carrier out to play, because I seem to do much better with that toon/ship combo than any other.

I'll be there. And I will bring lots of little ships to launch from my hangars.

EDIT : And my vote is just use the same time Cryptic uses for things. That would be 10am Pacific, 11 am Mountain, and 1 pm Eastern here in the US.

Archived Post 05-28-2012 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drkfrontiers
I based the time on the time advertised on the forum as thats the easiest for all to get to.

Not sure which zone that is though sorry. I'm from South Africa, so not too sure about the US time zones.

If someone US could help, I would appreciate it. What time zone would be best? You all have so many :)

I'm GMT +2 I think, so 10h00 am would be the equivalent of 20h00 pm for me.

The matches will run through out the day and evening, so even if you are late you will still get to play!

OK forum Time is based on what timezone you select under account options. The easiest way to do times would be to post a Time in GMT. If you go to my account and look under the options section, you can pick your timezone and it will tell you where you are +/- from GMT. For example, Canada Mountain time is GMT -7 right now. So if you wanted the even to start at GMT 10:00, it would be 3:00 here. Now daylight savings can throw a wrench in this though. If I recall, you won't have to doing and adjusting until you roll back the clocks in the fall.

So summary:
1. Go to my account
2. Check under the options section.
3. Select your timezone (it will state where you are in relation to GMT)
4. Take into account Daylight savings if applicable
IFor example, in the fall, when we turn back the clocks, you need to subtract 1 more hour from GMT to get to your time. In the spring the GMT +/- hours listed under the options section should be correct. I think its this way, or it might be vice versa, its been a while since I had to co-ordinate an event with people around the world
5. ???
6. Profit!!! (or in this case Pew! Pew!)

Archived Post 05-29-2012 12:31 AM

i signed up. gonna rule that council i am, and win impulse capacitance consoel too! ha ha awesome

Archived Post 05-29-2012 12:43 AM

Wish I could sign up, but Saturday is too unpredictable for me to even know if I'd be home. Usually I go out to a "local" Gaming Store for my Table Top Gaming on Saturdays. :(

Enjoy the PVP how ever :) Fight well. Die with Honor.

Archived Post 05-29-2012 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beary666 (Post 4235163)
OK forum Time is based on what timezone you select under account options. The easiest way to do times would be to post a Time in GMT. If you go to my account and look under the options section, you can pick your timezone and it will tell you where you are +/- from GMT. For example, Canada Mountain time is GMT -7 right now. So if you wanted the even to start at GMT 10:00, it would be 3:00 here. Now daylight savings can throw a wrench in this though. If I recall, you won't have to doing and adjusting until you roll back the clocks in the fall.

So summary:
1. Go to my account
2. Check under the options section.
3. Select your timezone (it will state where you are in relation to GMT)
4. Take into account Daylight savings if applicable
IFor example, in the fall, when we turn back the clocks, you need to subtract 1 more hour from GMT to get to your time. In the spring the GMT +/- hours listed under the options section should be correct. I think its this way, or it might be vice versa, its been a while since I had to co-ordinate an event with people around the world
5. ???
6. Profit!!! (or in this case Pew! Pew!)

Thanks awesome! Didn't know about that nugget!

I based the 10:00 on the GMT -8 Pacific Time then (US & Canada)