Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Gameplay Bug Reports (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=69)
-   -   DOFFs on Exchange Vanished (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=272197)

Archived Post 05-29-2012 06:36 PM

DOFFs on Exchange Vanished

Hello, all. I have filed an in-game ticket but am reaching out to the community to see whether this is a known issue.

I have been buying Holonovels from the Exchange in order to acquire the special photonic DOFFs. I received duplicates of Ghost of Hamlet's Father and Ophelia, so I put them on the Exchange.

Last week, they would be de-listed after a couple of days--they would still be for sale, but the Exchange was not showing them in search results (my price was not showing in the search). Today, these two DOFFs have simply disappeared. They are not listed as for sale, but my mail does not show a sale nor has my EC balance increased. They have simply vanished.

Any and all insight into this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Edited for grammar.

Archived Post 05-30-2012 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AstrisVox
Hello, all. I have filed an in-game ticket but am reaching out to the community to see whether this is a known issue.

I have been buying Holonovels from the Exchange in order to acquire the special photonic DOFFs. I received duplicates of Ghost of Hamlet's Father and Ophelia, so I put them on the Exchange.

Last week, they would be de-listed after a couple of days--they would still be for sale, but the Exchange was not showing them in search results (my price was not showing in the search). Today, these two DOFFs have simply disappeared. They are not listed as for sale, but my mail does not show a sale nor has my EC balance increased. They have simply vanished.

Any and all insight into this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Edited for grammar.

If your a 'Silver' Account, what is the EC Balance of the Character that posted the DOFFs... Silver Accounts have a EC cap of 10 Million, and anything above that is lost and won't show...

If the DOFFs have been posted longer then a week, then the posting has expired, and may take a day or two for the Items to be returned to you... But only the original Exchange poster can see the attachments... (you are checking your mail for attachments at a Mail terminal before deleting them,aren't you???)

Archived Post 05-30-2012 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grouchy.Otaku
If your a 'Silver' Account, what is the EC Balance of the Character that posted the DOFFs... Silver Accounts have a EC cap of 10 Million, and anything above that is lost and won't show...

If the DOFFs have been posted longer then a week, then the posting has expired, and may take a day or two for the Items to be returned to you... But only the original Exchange poster can see the attachments... (you are checking your mail for attachments at a Mail terminal before deleting them,aren't you???)

I recently downgraded to Silver but unlocked the billion EC service from the C-Store. That said, due to a recent spending spree my balance was about 100k. So the fact that the balance didn't change is really obvious.

As for an expired posting, I did check my email for either a sales record or returned items. Some other items have been returned; the DOFFs have not.

Archived Post 05-30-2012 01:21 AM

I do not mean any offense, but I've heard in-game that my ticket may as well not exist since I'm a silver account? Any credence to that?

Archived Post 05-30-2012 01:23 AM

Not sure if my issue is quite the same as yours, but ive noticed my "exchange sale expired" mail will only get delivered after switching maps.

Last week I had a few items disappear off the exchange search, my listed auctions, and weren't in my mail box. Logged in a few times over the next 2 days, while never leaving ESD, and still couldnt find those items on the exchange or in my mail. Then on the third day I entered a pvp match, and as soon as the map loaded I got 4 "exchange sale expired" pieces of mail delivered that were dated from 3 days earlier.

Archived Post 05-30-2012 06:56 PM

Interesting. I'll give that a try and report back.

Archived Post 05-30-2012 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoobiusMaximus (Post 4236942)
Not sure if my issue is quite the same as yours, but ive noticed my "exchange sale expired" mail will only get delivered after switching maps.

Last week I had a few items disappear off the exchange search, my listed auctions, and weren't in my mail box. Logged in a few times over the next 2 days, while never leaving ESD, and still couldnt find those items on the exchange or in my mail. Then on the third day I entered a pvp match, and as soon as the map loaded I got 4 "exchange sale expired" pieces of mail delivered that were dated from 3 days earlier.

That worked! The moment I changed maps, I received mail indicating that the sales had expired. I suppose I would have figured out that out sooner or later, but I appreciate the help. Tip of the hat...

Archived Post 05-31-2012 04:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AstrisVox
That worked! The moment I changed maps, I received mail indicating that the sales had expired. I suppose I would have figured out that out sooner or later, but I appreciate the help. Tip of the hat...

happy to hear it worked for you