Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Federation Shipyards (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=218)
-   -   Make the phaser lance into a console! (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=272229)

Archived Post 05-30-2012 04:21 AM

Make the phaser lance into a console!

And let the Galaxy Dreadnought fly without it and the third nacelle that are ugly as sin. And let the Dreadnought use saucer separation. Please? My birthday is coming up! Do something nice for me, Cryptic!

Archived Post 05-30-2012 04:23 AM

I'm sure those who like having the lance will be delighted at losing a console slot. Happy Birthday!

Archived Post 05-30-2012 04:25 AM

They should gain a console slot that way. So having the lance would keep the previous console configuration the same.

A dreadnought with 4 tac consoles and a universal phaser lance console would rock, would it not?

Archived Post 05-30-2012 05:09 AM

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

Archived Post 05-30-2012 05:15 AM

Just change the dreadnought to not be the dreadnought!!

Archived Post 05-30-2012 05:23 AM

Phaser lance as a console sounds great...............Just as long as the Bio Neural Warhead for KDF is ALSO made into a console.

In other words, NEVER gonna happen.

Archived Post 05-30-2012 05:27 AM

Yea, no thanks. I like my lance exactly where it is, even if it is slightly crooked.

Archived Post 05-30-2012 05:46 AM

The Lance is not like the cloaking device. It is not something that can simply be yanked out and put in another ship. It is an integral part of the ship's frame. It makes no sense to make it a console.

And if you removed the 3rd nacelle as well, you would have a normal galaxy class (ok, so it would have a pair of little turrets sticking up out of the bridge, and a funky impulse engine, but otherwise the same).

Archived Post 05-30-2012 06:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grylak
The Lance is not like the cloaking device. It is not something that can simply be yanked out and put in another ship. It is an integral part of the ship's frame. It makes no sense to make it a console.

And if you removed the 3rd nacelle as well, you would have a normal galaxy class (ok, so it would have a pair of little turrets sticking up out of the bridge, and a funky impulse engine, but otherwise the same).

The lance could be a dreadnought only console, like the UBM is a D'kora only console. And since we live in an age of modular ships where "integral parts" like the saucer, the neck, the hull, the pylons and the nacelles can be swapped out for different types, I don't see the issue. You can add Venture parts to your dreadnought that alter the components of the lance and extra nacelle. The lance console could be tied to the third nacelle, the pylon fins and the saucer turrets.

What I want is an ordinary Galaxy class with the Dreadnought's console and boff layout. Easiest way to do that is to make the lance a removable console. Then we'd have two Galaxy variants, like the way the Odyssey has three variants.

Archived Post 05-30-2012 06:24 AM

To dual/dual heavy cannon or not dual/dual heavy cannon is the question Forgotten-Nemesis