Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Featured Episode Appreciation Thread. (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=272400)

Archived Post 05-31-2012 11:57 AM

Featured Episode Appreciation Thread.

In the face of seeing what may be the end of official story telling in the prime Star Trek universe I thought now would be a good time to look back and reminisce on good times we had playing episode missions in STO. The fun little stories of running with friends, the little bits of nuance we catch, the music especially the Breen arc where at times it sounds so much like V'ger music from TMP, things of that nature. Or the larger things like the evolution of an culture taking its first steps, even if not through the most diplomatic means toward their freedom.

Great characters like Obisek, K'valk, Ambassador Surah (even if he did go on about balance till I wanted to pull my hair out lol.) S'tass our favorite gorn dofflomat, the return of the Gekli cosmozoans in the Undine missions. On that subject I would actually have loved a short mission arc of similar quality to the Reman arc with the Star Jellies! Shoot! The whole Enterprise F crew we hardly got to know!

Speaking of, the Enterprise F, G, H, and I all have to last probably what? 100-150 years, At the rate the alphabet is being burned through are they going to make it?:confused: One of these ships has to make a nice long run of it!

Try to keep things here up-beat and not overly dramatic ;)

Oh and if it helps toss in parts of your favorite non-game TV show episodes as well! A true celebration of story telling in the Trek universe!!

Archived Post 05-31-2012 01:10 PM

I love the FE's and played them many times. Its a feature I will miss (among many) in STO if they are removed.

Archived Post 05-31-2012 02:04 PM

I also love the FE's. I was just saying last night that Obisek is the man.

Archived Post 05-31-2012 02:20 PM

I'd also like to chime in here:
I LOVE featured episodes, and think it's the most unique feature of the game and would love to see them continue. While I'm not in favour of monetizing them so that their development continues, I think that I'd buy into paying for FE themed content in the CStore, such as the Bajoran/Defiant pack etc that was released with the 2800.

I really want this content to continue in a big way... It brought so many people into the game each week and keeps people invested over the long term. There's got to be a way to capitalize on this financially. I really think that it's vital to the long-term staying power of the game.

Here's hoping, and good job on the FE content this far, Cryptic!

Archived Post 05-31-2012 02:22 PM

I thoroughly enjoyed the FEs. The Devidian FE was amusing and fun, even with the crazy 'fly through these circles at increasingly insane speed.' :D

The vault had a great storyline, and promised some pretty serious far-ranging effects on the RSE. That was a pretty epic setup. ANd, yeah, the shuttlecraft mission was very, very fun!

THe Deferi series had a good taste of things to come, and had some pretty good puzzles to break the monotony of 'defeat X of Y.'

Ah, Featured Episodes. We'll miss ye! :(

Archived Post 05-31-2012 02:46 PM

IT honestly makes me depressed when I think about the end of the FEs.

When they were going on I felt like a kid again waiting for the new TNG episode.

Archived Post 05-31-2012 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by V-Mink
I thoroughly enjoyed the FEs. The Devidian FE was amusing and fun, even with the crazy 'fly through these circles at increasingly insane speed.' :D

dannana dat daaaaa!!!

Quote:

The vault had a great storyline, and promised some pretty serious far-ranging effects on the RSE. That was a pretty epic setup. ANd, yeah, the shuttlecraft mission was very, very fun!

THe Deferi series had a good taste of things to come, and had some pretty good puzzles to break the monotony of 'defeat X of Y.'

Just hope that worst doesn't come to worst.

Archived Post 05-31-2012 03:27 PM

I too greatly enjoyed the weekly episodes. Getting to experience a broader story with so much detail on each mission was a true joy, and I sincerely hope that Cryptic revisits this sort of content in the future.

Archived Post 05-31-2012 03:29 PM

Quote:

aye, we need more circle flying....moar power to the engines!!!

Archived Post 05-31-2012 06:14 PM

Quote:

The featured episodes is what made me want to keep logging in. Without them or new content there is no reason to log in.