Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Feature Episodes, Events and PvE Content (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=122)
-   -   Deep Space Encounter Accolades (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=273026)

Archived Post 06-07-2012 10:12 AM

Deep Space Encounter Accolades

Hello,

I know there already are some threads that address this problem, but as there is no reason to think anyone of Cryptic is aware of it, because as I see it there never was a response, I'll try again.

So here it is again: None of the accolades you could get in the Deep Space Encounters are available anymore. I don't talk about any Red Alerts, I mean the [Any Sector Block] Rookie, Combatant and Defender Accolades.
Way back, the missions for those DSEs were switched off, but we were told that the counter for the accolades still moves on without the missions. Well I tested it and it doesn't. I didn't tried to get an old mission from someone to share it every time, but I don't think this works, either.

So, after a few months, may any official, like Branflakes or anyone else who reads this, look into this and tell me/us, what will happen there? Will it be possible to do these accolades again in any future? Or can we forget about it to get anywhere near the cap of the accolade points? (all those accolades sum up for 850 points)

Archived Post 06-07-2012 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nigels84 (Post 4248862)
Hello,

I know there already are some threads that address this problem, but as there is no reason to think anyone of Cryptic is aware of it, because as I see it there never was a response, I'll try again.

So here it is again: None of the accolades you could get in the Deep Space Encounters are available anymore. I don't talk about any Red Alerts, I mean the [Any Sector Block] Rookie, Combatant and Defender Accolades.
Way back, the missions for those DSEs were switched off, but we were told that the counter for the accolades still moves on without the missions. Well I tested it and it doesn't. I didn't tried to get an old mission from someone to share it every time, but I don't think this works, either.

So, after a few months, may any official, like Branflakes or anyone else who reads this, look into this and tell me/us, what will happen there? Will it be possible to do these accolades again in any future? Or can we forget about it to get anywhere near the cap of the accolade points? (all those accolades sum up for 850 points)

Here! Here! I agree that they should bring them back! for all of us! :)

Archived Post 06-11-2012 01:09 PM

Yes, Bring back the DSE missions, and give the Romulan and Cardassian Sector versions to the KDF as well. For kicks, each sucessful completion of Borg Invasion should also count as one towards earning those accolades.

Archived Post 06-12-2012 07:20 AM

I;d have to dig for it but someone from staff stated that they had been removed because of complaints over them.

I;d like to see them back as well though. Removing content from a game lacking in content is always a good idea....

Archived Post 06-12-2012 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theapparatus (Post 4255874)
I;d have to dig for it but someone from staff stated that they had been removed because of complaints over them.

I;d like to see them back as well though. Removing content from a game lacking in content is always a good idea....

That’s what happens when decisions are made from upon high from somebody who personally decides they don’t like it…

‘What’s good for General Bull moose is good for everybody. Because I say so.”

Archived Post 06-12-2012 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theapparatus (Post 4255874)

To quote a song "Why does it go, that you don't know what you've got till it's gone....."