Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Feature Episodes, Events and PvE Content (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=122)
-   -   Are Missions always like this... (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=273268)

Archived Post 06-09-2012 08:32 AM

Are Missions always like this...

Hey guys.

Im playing STO here and im up to the second episode with romulens. just wondering if these missions get better or change. i feel like im doing the same thing over and over..

for example.

1. go to system.
2. fight ships.
3. beam to planet and fight enemy
4. beam back to ship fight enemy.
5. leave system.

then again and again. i no its a different story line like scan this machine or scan that machine but still feels like these missions are really repetitive.

will these missions get better and be different...?

Archived Post 06-09-2012 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mimz1990borg
Hey guys.

Im playing STO here and im up to the second episode with romulens. just wondering if these missions get better or change. i feel like im doing the same thing over and over..

for example.

1. go to system.
2. fight ships.
3. beam to planet and fight enemy
4. beam back to ship fight enemy.
5. leave system.

then again and again. i no its a different story line like scan this machine or scan that machine but still feels like these missions are really repetitive.

will these missions get better and be different...?

It's been that way since day one.

Archived Post 06-09-2012 10:31 AM

some are better some are worse

Archived Post 06-09-2012 10:31 AM

You don't watch much actual Star Trek, do you? :D

In all seriousness, the mechanics of a story mission are very repetitive. Like in the shows, the vast majority of episodes consists arrival at some planet, an away mission, talking, and because this is a game, it always ends in shooting. Once in a while you get something different; those are the exceptions.

Some of the missions do have very interesting stories, mechanics aside. Former featured episode sequences also tend to have more exciting things to do -- Coliseum from the Reman episodes, for example. Do story missions for the story, not for the gameplay mechanics.

Archived Post 06-09-2012 10:33 AM

there are some refreshing missions, but the majority is like that (usually the final some missions are different)

Archived Post 06-09-2012 02:43 PM

Try some Foundry Missions.

Use the ones that are recommended during Spotlight on the Foundry or from the Grand.Nagus List

Archived Post 06-09-2012 03:30 PM

I like the story missions, although they do feel a bit dated in comparison to the Featured Episodes. At least its not "collect 5 rats and come back" :P

Archived Post 06-12-2012 12:04 PM

I would suggest doing the feature episodes and story missions, along with the foundary stuff. You can honestly skip half the exploration crap or just do space combat the entire game. I've honestly made it from RA 42 to RA 47 just by logging in each day for 10 minutes and accepting all my completed duty officer missions and then re-sending them all out again. The missions do get incredibly boring and repetitive, though some of the best content IMO is in the Romulan areas especially when you do The Vault and the arc where the Romulans are trying to use Borg tech.

Archived Post 06-13-2012 06:28 PM

Well, REAL exploration missions ( from the TV shows) are like "we are charting the _____ for ___ weeks" before the main storyline kicks in... Do you want to do that? Combat just adds excitement so we don't fall asleep at the helm...

Archived Post 06-15-2012 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by captainowen1
Well, REAL exploration missions ( from the TV shows) are like "we are charting the _____ for ___ weeks" before the main storyline kicks in... Do you want to do that? Combat just adds excitement so we don't fall asleep at the helm...

I agree. Who wants to send their toon our to fly to said star system and have to wait two or three days to get there before the action starts?