Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Feature Episodes, Events and PvE Content (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=122)
-   -   respawn in the death cone of Donatra is a really bad idea from dev! (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=274026)

Archived Post 06-15-2012 12:09 PM

respawn in the death cone of Donatra is a really bad idea from dev!

I just ran KASE. I respawn 3 times in the death cone of Donatra. 1 minute of pneality. IT's really unfair. It's bad. Really bad

Archived Post 06-15-2012 12:39 PM

I don't think it's intentional on the part of the Devs, and it is a bit hard to code a specific exception. I didn't think the battle with Donatra started all that close to the spawn point... was your team dragging her too close to it? I will say it's hard to know what the range on that attack is, it's pretty massive.

Most if not all attacks in the game do respect line of sight. Maybe we can lobby the Devs to put some large asteroids around the spawn point to prevent people from being killed immediately after a respawn?

Archived Post 06-15-2012 01:07 PM

Oh, wait.

And all this time u never ever did come up with the idea to either wait for respawn or evasive out with full power to engines?

really?

Archived Post 06-15-2012 01:34 PM

You can go back to the PvP forums, kthanxbye.

Archived Post 06-15-2012 02:17 PM

Stay out of her foward arc/debuff her turn rate and no one should ever die. Really you should be able to chain TBs/Omega 3 part proc/GW/EWP/Theta w/e debuffs you choose to reduce her turnrate. Ask teammates/pugmates to help w/this if needed.

Really the respawn issue is more of an issue of your teammate who was her primary target leading her to the spawn. Use chat/PM to ask whoever she's targeted (you can tell when you click on her) to move away from the spawn point.

Really if it's that bad and you died and no one will lead her away, wait 3 minutes for your timer to reset. Then respawn. If you're nuked at this point your respawn timer should be lower than her ability cooldown.

In short there are many ways to avoid this/deal w/it should it come up.

Archived Post 06-15-2012 03:24 PM

you do knoww she is in season six mode right?
so good luck with bad team she is impossible

Archived Post 06-15-2012 04:10 PM

The fun stuff when she teleports about 15km across the area towards you with her Thelaron weapon primed to shot you with it.
Or when the weapon goes of the instant the green lines show.

Archived Post 06-15-2012 04:10 PM

The death penalty is there so people like you will actually have to learn to play. Accept it and stop whining.

Archived Post 06-16-2012 02:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by feistyfawn (Post 4262818)
I just ran KASE. I respawn 3 times in the death cone of Donatra. 1 minute of pneality. IT's really unfair. It's bad. Really bad

I don't like the new respawn timer, but here the solution is simple: use evasive manoeuvres when the donatra became visible and ready to use the death cone.

Archived Post 06-16-2012 03:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dribyelruh (Post 4263249)
The death penalty is there so people like you will actually have to learn to play. Accept it and stop whining.

Let me explain to you because it seems you're not experienced about KASE.
You die. You respawn. You are not able to choose where you respawn. If you respawn in the death cone at 4 km from Donatra. Evasive maneuver can do nothing for you especially when you drive a big cruiser like a Bortasqu! Respawn in its death cone and you're automaticaly its target. Eventhough you escape its death cone you will be one shoot in any case.