Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Federation Shipyards (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=218)
-   -   T5 escort with fleet BOFF layout? (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=274077)

Archived Post 06-15-2012 05:26 PM

T5 escort with fleet BOFF layout?
 
Would love to see the next c store escort have the oh so useful ensign eng slot instead of the oh so useless ensign tactical.

Archived Post 06-15-2012 05:55 PM

the jem'hadar

Archived Post 06-15-2012 05:57 PM

Fleetscort is a T5. (Remember that T1 is the Light Cruiser, so count up from there).

All it doesn't have that the VA ships have is a toy console or trick (Cloak, Hangar, MVAM etc). It has the same Hull, Turn-rate, crew, weapons layout, console layout and number of BOff abilities as the T5 Akira.

Archived Post 06-15-2012 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hot-Cancer (Post 4263426)
Fleetscort is a T5. (Remember that T1 is the Light Cruiser, so count up from there).

All it doesn't have that the VA ships have is a toy console or trick (Cloak, Hangar, MVAM etc). It has the same Hull, Turn-rate, crew, weapons layout, console layout and number of BOff abilities as the T5 Akira.

Yeah, T5=Admiral, I was thinking T5=VA/c-store.

Archived Post 06-15-2012 06:40 PM

You can make perfect use of it assuming you are willing to have multple tac BOs to fill differing set ups and are willing to use more than one weapon of choice. I have like 6 or 8 tac officers. I have no problem putting that ensign tac slot to great use. But I also don't go with the defiant for STFs anymore.

But as far as the new escort goes, surely it's right down your ally. A LT commander eng slot is hot for an escort and better than an extra ensign slot by far. I just got a Jem hadar ship so I'm trying to use it quite a bit before I go diving into the newest escort, but I can't wait to use it so I can laugh on STFs by never dying, short of instant kills. And that ensign tac slot will be loaded with either TT1 or HY1 so it frees my hand to using doffs other than TT. I prefer them to free a TT slot when on most ships, but with 3 tac slots it's unnecessary. If only I could get a hold of some of those conn officer ultra rares....

When I buy the new heavy escort, it will be for it's lt commander eng slot. As far as I care the other stuff is merely perks.

Archived Post 06-15-2012 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by romuzarii
You can make perfect use of it assuming you are willing to have multple tac BOs to fill differing set ups and are willing to use more than one weapon of choice. I have like 6 or 8 tac officers. I have no problem putting that ensign tac slot to great use. But I also don't go with the defiant for STFs anymore.

But as far as the new escort goes, surely it's right down your ally. A LT commander eng slot is hot for an escort and better than an extra ensign slot by far. I just got a Jem hadar ship so I'm trying to use it quite a bit before I go diving into the newest escort, but I can't wait to use it so I can laugh on STFs by never dying, short of instant kills. And that ensign tac slot will be loaded with either TT1 or HY1 so it frees my hand to using doffs other than TT. I prefer them to free a TT slot when on most ships, but with 3 tac slots it's unnecessary. If only I could get a hold of some of those conn officer ultra rares....

When I buy the new heavy escort, it will be for it's lt commander eng slot. As far as I care the other stuff is merely perks.

Didn't even notice the lt. commander engineering slot. Still rather have eng or sci than ensign tac,

Archived Post 06-16-2012 12:07 AM

So you want the next ship to be the Fleet Escort? Why not fly the Fleet Escort since it's already here.

Archived Post 06-16-2012 12:48 AM

I've been saying drop the ENS slot or at least make it universal.

I'd rather have

Tac XXXX
Tac XXX
Eng XXX
Sci XX

than

Tac XXXX
Tac XXX
Sci XX
Eng XX
Eng X

Same number of BO abilities, just more options

Archived Post 06-16-2012 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DKnight1000
So you want the next ship to be the Fleet Escort? Why not fly the Fleet Escort since it's already here.

I do fly the Fleet Escort 95% of the time, favoring it over the Def-R which I paid $USD for. I'm saying that's a problem when they give their c-store ships suboptimal layouts that make a person choose a free ship instead.

Archived Post 06-16-2012 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OtakuboyT (Post 4263862)

Tac XXXX
Tac XXX
Eng XXX
Sci XX

That looks good right there.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:30 PM.