Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Galactic News Network (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Priority One Interviews dStahl (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=274374)

Archived Post 06-18-2012 11:26 AM

Priority One Interviews dStahl

In this week's episode of Priority One, Executive Producer Dan Stahl stops by to talk about Season 6 and beyond, and to answer community-submitted questions.

Link to the interview.

Archived Post 06-18-2012 11:51 AM

link not working for me :confused:

Archived Post 06-18-2012 11:53 AM

We apologise to those unable to connect to the PriorityOnePodcast.com website, we are currently looking into it,

We thank you for your time, patience and interest in the podcast

I canne' change the laws of physics Jim!

-Alex
Priority One Production Assistant

EDIT: Site is now back up and running, thank you

Archived Post 06-18-2012 11:54 AM

np it hapends

Archived Post 06-18-2012 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptainThomasPearce
link not working for me :confused:

Try refreshing. I was getting an error too, but a refresh helped :)

Thanks for looking into it, Alex!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Archived Post 06-18-2012 12:02 PM

Good interview.
Odd interviewee. People don't play the KDF because there isn't nearly enough attention given to them. Would ANYONE play an ignored faction of an MMO? It doesn't make sense to.

Archived Post 06-18-2012 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Staran (Post 4267038)
Good interview.
Odd interviewee. People don't play the KDF because there isn't nearly enough attention given to them. Would ANYONE play an ignored faction of an MMO? It doesn't make sense to.

It's chicken-and-egg. Do few play KDF because of the lack of content, or is there a lack of content because few play it? (And let's not get into the history, because to be honest it's immaterial right now.)

Cryptic's problem is if they devote significant resources to KDF and it DOESN'T really increase the # of folks playing KDF, then they've diverted resources away from things the vast majority of players spend time on. I'm not saying that's the right call or the wrong call, but like any company Cryptic has to allocate its resources carefully. I personally would prefer to see a fleshed-out KDF, but if Cryptic feels there's more bang-for-the-buck from doing faction-neutral stuff, I can understand the thinking.

Archived Post 06-18-2012 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheer (Post 4267126)
but if Cryptic feels there's more bang-for-the-buck from doing faction-neutral stuff, I can understand the thinking.

The need for faction nuetral stuff relies more on the fact that most players are at levelcap and need something to keep them playing as oppossed to what faction they play in.
Or at least thats the gist of his statement as I got it.
Which is kinda funny since a few months back the reasoning behind the lack of KDF resources was becuase most players where in the mid levels of the game........
Of course if endgame is finalized and set in place it would nice if the Devs could start on finishing the KDF and possibly starting the RSE.

Archived Post 06-18-2012 01:17 PM

Ambassador class tied to a story? wasn't the storyline of STO killed recently... >.>

And yes that is a not so thinly veiled expression of disgust over the loss of episode missions. Just for those who couldn't tell :)

Archived Post 06-18-2012 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erick_Hawkke
Ambassador class tied to a story? wasn't the storyline of STO killed recently... >.>

And yes that is a not so thinly veiled expression of disgust over the loss of episode missions. Just for those who couldn't tell :)

here is the story....

“Captain, there is a subspace rift opening in front of us.... Sir, I am picking something up on sensors coming through the rift.”

“What is it?”

“It appears to be a small cube.”

“A cube? What is inside?”

“Unknown. Our sensors can not penetrate the outer shell. But there is some writing on the side.

“What does it say?”

“To open insert Master Key. Keys now available in the C-Store. Grand Prize: An Ambassador Class Starship. Odds of winning: Not disclosed.”

“My god, there is a starship in there!! We have to free it. RED ALERT! Raise Shields and Load my credit cards into the torpedo launchers . Stand by with large amounts of $50 bills. Crew, this could get rough!”

… the loses were horrible that day. Our Intrepid and clueless Captain lost everything. His bank account was depleted and he was forced to sell his starship and file for bankruptcy.