Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   PvP Gameplay (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=125)
-   -   Need help with PvP? Check this thread out! (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=274791)

tick0 06-20-2012 12:08 AM

Need help with PvP? Check this thread out!
 
Hello, PvP Community!

I'm not going to create yet another thread detailing any fancy builds/tactics/strategies for PvP, but rather provide links to threads that already have them. This way, you don't have to go digging into the forums searching for them.

I've selected multiple threads which I've found to be extremely valuable for those looking for help with PvP. As you can see below, most of the threads focus upon the space portion of STO's PvP; if you know of any helpful ground PvP guides, please let me know (by posting in this thread or by sending a private message to @f4tamy) so I can include them in this thread!

Space PvP:

  1. Husanak's Guide to Escorts
  2. Mavairo's Guide to Cruisers (Table of Contents)
  3. Mavairo's Guide to Science Vessels (Table of Contents)
  4. Matteo's Guide to Science Vessels
  5. Kilawpilath's Guide to Carriers
  6. Drunk's PvP Help Thread
  7. Mancom's "The Hilbert Guide"
  8. Hurleybird's "The Jorf Guide to Not Being Terrible at Premade PvP"
  9. Naz's Guide to the Art of STO Team Space PvP
  10. Devoras' "Textbook operation to 5 man premade/pug"
  11. Jam0's Guide to Space Healing
  12. BRJ's Guide to Weapon Modifiers
  13. BRJ's "Accuracy Vs. Defense"
  14. Tranceaddict's "Keybinds For Dummies"
  15. Matt_Dravis' "Basic Tips"
  16. The Use of Duty Officers in PvP
  17. Recommended PvP Videos
  18. Matteo's PvP Movie Thread
  19. Captain Data's "List of PvP Powers and why they do or do not work"
  20. MustrumRidcully's "Insights into the STO Game Mechanics"
  21. Foxrocks' "What Aux power actually does for your powers"
  22. PatricianVetinari's Ship Power Level Calculator
  23. Nagorak's Starship Weapons Calculator

Ground PvP:

  1. jts6314's "Would you like to learn the enjoyment of good ground based PvP?"
  2. Guriphu's Guide to Beating Sci-Tanks

Miscellaneous:

  1. Attilio's Skill Planner
  2. Folcwin's Starship Skill Point Effects Table
  3. Naz's PvP Fleet Directory
  4. PvP Boot Camp

Don't forget to join the Organized PvP Channel!

/channel_join OrganizedPvP

mustrumridcully0 06-20-2012 12:57 AM

Mancom was smart. He put all his information into an external website, so he doesn't lose control over it in some weird forum change action by Cryptic.

I bow to his prophetic wisdom.

fakehilbert 06-20-2012 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mustrumridcully0 (Post 4273851)
Mancom was smart. He put all his information into an external website, so he doesn't lose control over it in some weird forum change action by Cryptic.

I bow to his prophetic wisdom.

This was indeed the reason I put it on an external website. I was afraid to lose all my work to some random thread lock if it ever went 30 days without a post. It turns out it wasn't the thread being killed but rather the forums... well, the THG is safe nevertheless.

And I refuse to link my account. So I am now fakehilbert!

mustrumridcully0 06-20-2012 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fakehilbert (Post 4274201)
This was indeed the reason I put it on an external website. I was afraid to lose all my work to some random thread lock if it ever went 30 days without a post. It turns out it wasn't the thread being killed but rather the forums... well, the THG is safe nevertheless.

And I refuse to link my account. So I am now fakehilbert!

I guess I should have done something like that, too. But in the end, I don't care about the merge either way. Unfortunately, whether I link or not doesn't change that I lost the ability to edit my Insights into STO thread or others. :(

Mustrum "It's fakeHilbert!" Ridcully

dontdrunkimshoot 06-20-2012 01:24 AM

speaking of off site resources that ive bookmarked...

http://home.comcast.net/~amicus/Skil...%20Effects.htm

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...0E&output=html

http://www.stoacademy.com/tools/skillplanner/

thissler 06-20-2012 05:06 AM

Maybe you'd like to link this here check it out and see.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwioA-jUgPA&feature=plcp

A video aimed at having fun and showing new players how defensive abilities work in STO. Not for your sooper advanced player but solid for someone fresh at 50. No super rare gear or items are used!! No STF gear at all is used. Starts off with Common and works up to Mission gear and exchange blues. So it is easily accessible to any player.

zorandra 06-20-2012 05:35 AM

Very nice thissler.

orondis 06-20-2012 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thissler (Post 4279191)
Maybe you'd like to link this here check it out and see.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwioA-jUgPA&feature=plcp

A video aimed at having fun and showing new players how defensive abilities work in STO. Not for your sooper advanced player but solid for someone fresh at 50. No super rare gear or items are used!! No STF gear at all is used. Starts off with Common and works up to Mission gear and exchange blues. So it is easily accessible to any player.

Lol, very good Thissler! Not only is it informative, but funny :)


<- Previously Alendiak (Daizen)

mustrumridcully0 06-20-2012 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orondis (Post 4281611)
Lol, very good Thissler! Not only is it informative, but funny :)


<- Previously Alendiak (Daizen)

Now my interest is piqued, but the usual German youtube user problem rears its ugly head.
Quote:


Unfortunately, this UMG-music-content is not available in Germany because GEMA has not granted the respective music publishing rights.
Sorry about tha
While youtube and GEMA are duking it out in the courts, here's my suggestion:
http://creativecommons.org/legalmusicforvideos

When everyone starts using CC music , the IP Mafia may start adjusting their behavior.*

[SIZE="1"]*) TO be fair: The people the GEMA represents don't seem to be entirely happy with their stance, because it means they tend to lose an advertising venue due to the youtube blocking. But apparantly they lack the necessary control to change anything.[/SIZE]

guriphu 06-20-2012 10:01 AM

You're welcome to use my Ground-related thread here, if you like. It's not very comprehensive, just an answer to a specific difficulty.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=274042

edit - fixed url


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:25 PM.