Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   The Foundry for Star Trek Online - Mission Database (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=215)
-   -   In depth mission reports upon request (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=276951)

evil70th 06-20-2012 04:39 PM

In depth mission reports upon request

Hi, Evil70th here,

Most of you already know as I have recorded more than 150 of these in-depth reports in my original forum, ?In depth mission reports upon request? prior to the Perfect World switch over. Due to complication that occurred with the switch over I have decided to rebuild my original forum. With that thought in mind I would like to offer you a fair and in depth mission evaluation report.

Some of the information you'll need to provide me for the evaluation;

Mission Name: (Your Mission Title)
Author: (Your STO Site Name)
Minimum Level: (16+ or above)
Allegiance: (Federation/Klingon)
Project ID: ST-(ID Number)
Estimated Mission Length: (Time to complete)

Method of Report Delivery: Will be via forum post only

Once I acknowledge your report request I will evaluate it as soon as possible and can provide the feedback in this posting as well as your own forum posting if available. No other methods of report delivery are available.

A sample of the evaluation report is provided below;

---------- Example---------

(Allegiance) Mission - (Title)
Author: (Your Name)
Allegiance:
ST - (ID NUMBER)

----------Report Start-----------

Summary: I will provide an overall summary of the mission here.

Mission Description: I will provide an in depth evaluation and recommendations as needed.

Grant Mission Dialog: I will provide an in depth evaluation and recommendations as needed.

Mission Task: I will provide an in depth evaluation and recommendations as needed.

Mission Entry Prompt: I will provide an in depth evaluation and recommendations as needed.

MAPS:
YOUR MAP NAMES HERE: I will provide an in depth evaluation of each map design, playability and story dialog to include spelling and grammatical analysis.

---------End Report----------

I look forward to evaluating your missions. Thanks for authoring,
Brian

evil70th 06-20-2012 04:40 PM

The queue

Hi folks,

If you already had a mission submitted to the queue in the previous forum posting do not worry you still have your place in the queue and I hope to get started on it first thing Saturday morning.

So you can verify your mission is in the queue here is the list as it currently stands;

Mission 1: You won't be borg (1/2) Author: diogene0

Mission 2: You won't be borg (2/2) Author: diogene0

Mission 3: Ghosts of War, Part IV Author: NCC-89471

Mission 4: Life Absorbed Author: chaddy18

Mission 5: The Great Escape Author: Zorbane

Mission 6: Hunter Killer: Part 2/5 Author: Q400

Mission 7: Exploratory Crisis Author: dalolorn

Mission 8: The Jeroan Farmer Escapade Author: Grylak

Mission 9: Kai Hard Author: Bazag

Mission 10: The Wave Empire Ep.1 Author: Skyline45

Mission 11: TAS Redux Author: Marhawkman

Mission 12: Thy Own Enemy Author: nrobbiec

All missions in the current queue as of this posting are Federation. If you see yours listed above and it is supposed to be Klingon please let me know.

Thanks for authoring,
Brian

nrobbiec 06-20-2012 04:40 PM

May as well throw in my latest mission then

Title: Jus In Bello
Author: nrobbiec
Minimum level: 31+
Faction: Federation
ID: ST-HD535QVXJ
Estimated Length: 10 minutes maybe
Method of Report Delivery: Not fussed

evil70th 06-20-2012 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nrobbiec (Post 4304821)
Never mind, got ninja'd

Me too. :smile:

q403 06-20-2012 07:15 PM

Hi Evil70th, Q400 here. I am writing to you on my alternate account as I cannot log onto my Q400 account on the forums due to this forum thing and account linking. I would like to know if you could switch Hunter/Killer:2/5 with The Omega Theorm. I would still like you to review this mission, but I have to rebuild it because of astounding bugs.

The Omega Theorm
46+
Federation
10-15 minutes

The Omega Molecule has resurfaced, along with the Borg. Can you thwart the Borgs sinister attempts and secure The Omega Molecule?

All custom maps. brings the first mission I am proud of.

paxfederatica 06-20-2012 07:43 PM

Hey Evil One, the Foundry artist formerly known as NCC-89471 here.

Just a heads-up that my new PWE handle is paxfederatica. Since I've linked my accounts but am presently unable to log in without immediately being booted, I have no idea if my missions are still under my old Cryptic handle or my new PWE one. So, if you're having trouble finding my mission, that's probably why. :frown:

dalolorn 06-21-2012 03:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evil70th (Post 4304741)
Hi, Evil70th here,

Most of you already know as I have recorded more than 150 of these in-depth reports in my original forum, ?In depth mission reports upon request? prior to the Perfect World switch over. Due to complication that occurred with the switch over I have decided to rebuild my original forum. With that thought in mind I would like to offer you a fair and in depth mission evaluation report.

*snip*

Quote:

Originally Posted by evil70th (Post 4304801)
Hi folks,

If you already had a mission submitted to the queue in the previous forum posting do not worry you still have your place in the queue and I hope to get started on it first thing Saturday morning.

So you can verify your mission is in the queue here is the list as it currently stands;

*snip*

Mission 7: Exploratory Crisis Author: dalolorn

*snip*

Thanks for authoring,
Brian

Phew, was afraid I'd have to find all that information from my original application again... I'm 7 already? :eek:

Edit: To answer your last response to my posts (displaying quote first)

Quote:

Originally Posted by evil70th
In general I do not like to review missions in a group or with the author. I want to see the mission as the other players will see it. I also have no problem re-reviewing a mission one the author has made the corrections they feel are needed. Mission reviews feed two things for me, one is playing STO, the other is my attention to detail.

Brian

I merely stated that it MAY be easier with an Elite STF-level team when playing the harder MDC combinations - most of the later fights contained one of the following:

* Two Commander-grade mobs (featuring Commander with various underlings)

* One Captain-grade mob (Captain, once again varying underlings)

* And a one-of-a-kind encounter with both of the above.

Due to this fact, it is quite possible that you will either have to fight the harder combinations with a series of respawns or extreme skill, or risk failing altogether. Fortunately though, I put the respawn point for the hardest encounter properly, and may decide to add some more points retrospectively.

Re-edit: However, I will point out that all the ground mobs are Klingon in origin (unless you stumble upon something mysterious whilst randomly exploring the area around the Explorer's main engineering section...), so you can try to optimise your build to defeat marauding hordes of Klingon warriors... but if you go and explore, I recommend a frequency remodulator and a LOT of skill :biggrin:

Re-re-edit: Also, nrobbiec, about your Reman Cadet for my Costume challenge, the OP specifically stated that the costume design is to be posted, not a picture or a link to the picture.

backyardserenade 06-21-2012 05:14 AM

Hello,

I would like to hear your opinion on my first mission. Would be happy if you find the time. :)

Mission Name: Shadows of the Past
Author: backyardserenade
Minimum Level: 31+
Allegiance: Federation
Project ID: ST-HHG6JJ82J
Estimated Mission Length: 30+ minutes (might be longer)
Method of Report Delivery: Forum post (+ here)

Description:
An Orb of the Prophets was stolen during a recent True Way raid on the Bajoran capital. Starfleet Command wants you to investigate the whereabouts of a Bajoran ship that apparently engaged the True Way raiders responsible for the theft.

Head to the Toron System in the Beta Ursae Sector Block to search for the S.S. Ratosha.

Further comments:
My first foundry mission. I would love some feedback on map design, story progression, characters and dialogs.

Since I'm not a native speaker I would also appreciate comments on spelling and language mistakes.

Forum thread: here
STOWiki site: here

Thanks for your feedback and thanks in advance! :)

evil70th 06-21-2012 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by q403 (Post 4309441)
Hi Evil70th, Q400 here. I am writing to you on my alternate account as I cannot log onto my Q400 account on the forums due to this forum thing and account linking. I would like to know if you could switch Hunter/Killer:2/5 with The Omega Theorm. I would still like you to review this mission, but I have to rebuild it because of astounding bugs.

The Omega Theorm
46+
Federation
10-15 minutes

The Omega Molecule has resurfaced, along with the Borg. Can you thwart the Borgs sinister attempts and secure The Omega Molecule?

All custom maps. brings the first mission I am proud of.

Hi author formerly known as Q400, :wink:

Thanks for the review request. Your mission is currently 13th in the queue behind nrobbiec. I am planning on getting back into the queue this weekend and will get to this mission as soon as I can.

Thanks for authoring,
Brian

evil70th 06-21-2012 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paxfederatica (Post 4309931)
Hey Evil One, the Foundry artist formerly known as NCC-89471 here.

Just a heads-up that my new PWE handle is paxfederatica. Since I've linked my accounts but am presently unable to log in without immediately being booted, I have no idea if my missions are still under my old Cryptic handle or my new PWE one. So, if you're having trouble finding my mission, that's probably why. :frown:

Thanks for the heads up, artist formerly known as NCC-89471. When I get to your mission if I have an issue I will let you know.

Thanks for authoring,
Brian