Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   What is CORE Connect, and why do I care? (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=278151)

bluegeek 06-21-2012 10:22 AM

What is CORE Connect, and why do I care?

I think my title says it all.

I now have this PWE account with this CORE Connect thing that, like everything else in this game, doesn't come with a manual telling me how to use it.

Intuitively, I can reason out that it's a social tool for hooking up with friends and "guilds". But I know nothing beyond that.

What I do want to know is how this is supposed to enhance my Star Trek Online experience, if at all? Granted, maybe STO hasn't been added in yet.

Point blank, I'm here for the Cryptic games and have zero interest in Asian fantasy MMO's. Should I just ignore this thing? Any Devs in the know who's like to weigh in?

dariusmajere 06-21-2012 10:40 AM

Core connect and the Core program enable it's users to communicate between each other. It also opens up additional Accolades and rewards you are able to get out of Perfect World Games. The accolades and points you earn with the CORE achievements can be spent on Special items for the games you play. Usually special Costumes from CORE or XP potions maybe a rare mount. They are earned up automatically while playing and adding to your account. So now You will have Cryptic Points (purchasable with Zen), Energy Credits, Gold Pressed Latnum, Dilithium, Lobi, Annnnd Core(usable out of game) :D

CORE's Friend and Guild list also enables (When Activated for Star Trek Online... *eyes pwebranflakes* will enable its players to show what fleets they are in, also to friend up and be able to if the CORE program is downloaded Communicate together outside of the game in an additional way, like chat rooms and Instant messages. CORE is basically like Facebook for Perfect World. It has some nice features when Activated. It is NOT activated for any of the Cryptic Studio games yet. But I am sure it will be in the future. As for being here for Cryptic Games. I believe you Mean, Perfect World Games. It's time to accept the Fact Cryptic is now a subsidiary of Perfect World and now part of Perfect Worlds North American Branch(Perfect World Entertainment).

sharyssa 06-21-2012 10:44 AM

*puts CORE connect on ignore*

bluegeek 06-21-2012 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dariusmajere (Post 4323981)
Core connect and the Core program enable it's users to communicate between each other. It also opens up additional Accolades and rewards you are able to get out of Perfect World Games. The accolades and points you earn with the CORE achievements can be spent on Special items for the games you play. Usually special Costumes from CORE or XP potions maybe a rare mount. They are earned up automatically while playing and adding to your account. So now You will have Cryptic Points (purchasable with Zen), Energy Credits, Gold Pressed Latnum, Dilithium, Lobi, Annnnd Core(usable out of game) :D

CORE's Friend and Guild list also enables (When Activated for Star Trek Online... *eyes pwebranflakes* will enable its players to show what fleets they are in, also to friend up and be able to if the CORE program is downloaded Communicate together outside of the game in an additional way, like chat rooms and Instant messages. CORE is basically like Facebook for Perfect World. It has some nice features when Activated. It is NOT activated for any of the Cryptic Studio games yet. But I am sure it will be in the future. As for being here for Cryptic Games. I believe you Mean, Perfect World Games. It's time to accept the Fact Cryptic is now a subsidiary of Perfect World and now part of Perfect Worlds North American Branch(Perfect World Entertainment).

Thanks for the explanation. :)

As far as what I'm here for goes, I said "Cryptic games" little g, not "Cryptic Games" capital G. Meaning the games that were developed by the Cryptic Studios subsidiary and not the other games PWE is known for.

captainconrad 06-21-2012 05:59 PM

CORE Connect is your new master

Everyone bow down and give praise to our new lord and savior CORE connect.

ALL HAIL PWE!!!

podsix 06-21-2012 06:16 PM

Core Connect could be awesome, we don't know yet. One of the cool bits about the Token system, is that you can earn tokens by earning achievements.. so for example, if you play STO and Champs, you could earn these tokens for the accolades you unlock in each of those games. Then you can spend those points on perk items for any of PWE's games that you like. So for example, play Champs to earn points you could use to buy a starship for STO.

It could be awesome. don't dismiss it until we've seen what they do with it.

grnlbrtnfrnt 06-21-2012 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by podsix (Post 4335431)
Core Connect could be awesome, we don't know yet. One of the cool bits about the Token system, is that you can earn tokens by earning achievements.. so for example, if you play STO and Champs, you could earn these tokens for the accolades you unlock in each of those games. Then you can spend those points on perk items for any of PWE's games that you like. So for example, play Champs to earn points you could use to buy a starship for STO.

It could be awesome. don't dismiss it until we've seen what they do with it.

Will never ever ever ever ever play any other PWE game. We had no choice in this one. And if they keep up this one is headed to the recycle bin

beezle23 06-21-2012 06:35 PM

I only care because it replaces normal forum profiles and their functionality.

jkstocbr 06-21-2012 07:05 PM

I'm looking forward for Core to connect to STO. It will be nice to finally get Character Profiles back in some form, and the Guild(Fleet) interface look interesting.

darkenzedd 06-21-2012 08:36 PM

Meh, I'll put it in the "don't want to know" category :wink: