Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Federation Gameplay (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
-   -   Ferengi Privateer doff mission cooldown (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=278341)

gettorix 06-21-2012 12:09 PM

Ferengi Privateer doff mission cooldown
 
Hello, I have only one real criticism/request of this mission. Why can the timer not count down while I'm on a ground map?

I find that I sit in space and walk away from the computer to let it cool down if I have no space missions to do.

In future a modification of the cool down timers to be based on the character log in (or even a master timer, that ticks away while offline) would really be nice. The doffs work that way, why can power not?

Just a thought

pyrophile 06-21-2012 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gettorix (Post 4327861)
Hello, I have only one real criticism/request of this mission. Why can the timer not count down while I'm on a ground map?

I find that I sit in space and walk away from the computer to let it cool down if I have no space missions to do.

In future a modification of the cool down timers to be based on the character log in (or even a master timer, that ticks away while offline) would really be nice. The doffs work that way, why can power not?

Just a thought

You'd be surprised how fun it can be to just cruise around in space. Try to power slide in a cruiser!

gypsyblade 06-21-2012 08:45 PM

I just fly around and doff... and sit afk while eating or catching up on some TV

maddog0000doom 06-22-2012 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gettorix (Post 4327861)
Hello, I have only one real criticism/request of this mission. Why can the timer not count down while I'm on a ground map?

I find that I sit in space and walk away from the computer to let it cool down if I have no space missions to do.

In future a modification of the cool down timers to be based on the character log in (or even a master timer, that ticks away while offline) would really be nice. The doffs work that way, why can power not?

Just a thought

yes it is very stupid to have a such long cool down or even a cooldown at all. its not like u can do more than one of the doff missions at the same time. i would have a thought a day cooldown on the mission its self would be more than enough

maddog0000doom 06-22-2012 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gypsyblade (Post 4339821)
I just fly around and doff... and sit afk while eating or catching up on some TV

i would rather play a alt or play something else than sit waiting for a few hours the cooldown sucks big time

gettorix 06-22-2012 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maddog0000doom (Post 4342721)
i would rather play a alt or play something else than sit waiting for a few hours the cooldown sucks big time

Yeah, I'm okay with watching TV etc, but not ALL the time! I DO have other characters I can play.

A better way to manage the cooldown I think would being able to summon the privateer any time (or very short CD), but only get the mission once at a time, with he cooldown being the doff mission timer. Similar to the turn in of contraband. The contact is there any time, but can only fulfill the mission once at a time.

Hell, even a daily mission instead would be preferable...


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:51 PM.