Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Federation Shipyards (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=218)
-   -   More ugly rumors about ships (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=280391)

bitemepwe 06-22-2012 04:17 PM

More ugly rumors about ships
 
SO is it true that the Devs/Cryptic are seriously considering giving widespread cloaking and a Bop-like escort to the feds?

Are you seriuosly gonna pimp out the last uniqueness for the KDF for a quick buck?

Honestly, cloaking for the feds so they can do what Gene thought heroes should not do?
What possible need does the federation, a force for peace and exploration before war, need for a vessel designed to raid colonies, supply lines, plus overall a machine designed for conquest have for a BoP-like escort?

Does the IP mean anything anymore or has STO just become a "feddy wants it and we will sell it to them" cop-out?

drudgy 06-22-2012 04:20 PM

Well you know what they say about rumors.... :)

defalus 06-22-2012 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bitemepwe (Post 4363041)
Does the IP mean anything anymore or has STO just become a "feddy wants it and we will sell it to them" cop-out?

If At First You Don't Succeed, Cry And Cry Again. ~ Starfleet Unofficial Motto.

hartzilla 06-22-2012 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bitemepwe (Post 4363041)
Honestly, cloaking for the feds so they can do what Gene thought heroes should not do?

You sound like the British Navy during World War I.

Quote:

Does the IP mean anything anymore
Wait doesn't the IP still mean a way to get money for the rights holder :confused::wink:

Though I doubt every Fed ship would get cloaking ability as they would probably have to make a cloaked texture for all of them then.

beezle23 06-22-2012 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bitemepwe (Post 4363041)
SO is it true that the Devs/Cryptic are seriously considering giving widespread cloaking and a Bop-like escort to the feds?

Are you seriuosly gonna pimp out the last uniqueness for the KDF for a quick buck?

Honestly, cloaking for the feds so they can do what Gene thought heroes should not do?
What possible need does the federation, a force for peace and exploration before war, need for a vessel designed to raid colonies, supply lines, plus overall a machine designed for conquest have for a BoP-like escort?

Does the IP mean anything anymore or has STO just become a "feddy wants it and we will sell it to them" cop-out?

Blurgh. Facepalm. And other negative reactions.

Seriously, if they give cloaking and universal console escorts to the Feds, then stick a fork in it.

sovereignman 06-22-2012 04:22 PM

rumors meh. but poo if its true.

kolbrandr 06-22-2012 04:27 PM

Where did this rumor come from, Roach?

tfomega 06-22-2012 04:33 PM

Sucks if it is true... if so, then I want my bop's power, shields, hull, tac console, weapons slot, boff slot back.....

Hi Roach :)

bitemepwe 06-22-2012 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kolbrandr (Post 4363351)
Where did this rumor come from, Roach?

I've been getting PMs and a ingame chatter on it.
Like I said rumors and a bad one at that.

Frankly STO has become just a money grab in my eyes and while Cryptic is a bussiness and needs to make a profit, at what point do they stop selling everything they think they can get a bit of money for and adhere to some of the ideology of the Star trek universe?

If the feds where to have widespread cloaking we would have seen that in TV shows and the movies becuase in a real life enviroment cloaking is a great tactical advantage, but in the fictional world of Star trek there is a reason they did not go "RL" with cloaking. To do so tarnishes the Hero image.

If the feds are looking to get a Raider vessel then why? Why do they need a vessel designed to harrass enemies, spy, to disrupt supply lines and attack strictly for conquest?
The feds already have a cloaking defiant, they have no need for a BoP-like escort to fill the role that was never intended for the federation.

Peaceful exploration and combat only when all other routes fail, the hero's role, the good guy's role, the noblier path that they once adhered too but willingly seem to have sold out.

bitemepwe 06-22-2012 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tfomega (Post 4363441)
Sucks if it is true... if so, then I want my bop's power, shields, hull, tac console, weapons slot, boff slot back.....

Hi Roach :)

Hi, TF. How are you today?:smile:


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:37 PM.