Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Federation Gameplay (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
-   -   Lock boxes NOT taking the place of STF drops? (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=282781)

vengefuldjinn 06-24-2012 07:53 AM

Lock boxes NOT taking the place of STF drops?

O'really ?

Cause my past two space STF's Cure and KA, (granted on normal), where is on both, we made the optionals, we were only offered ONE rare Borg salvage as the optional drops, on both runs.

AND on BOTH missions, I only ended up getting a rare Borg salvage, in addition too my Mystery box and one encrypted data chips in both my loot bags at the end.

But surprise, surprise, I walked away with ten Ferengi lock boxes, (Five each mission, twelve in actuality as both Mystery boxes yielded two more lock boxes).

So after running two random STFs and completing both optionals, I walked away with two rare Borg salvages, two data chips and twelve Ferengi lock Boxes.

I know it's been stated that the "mechanics" say that the lock boxes haven't replaced rewards, BUT, reality is, the "perception" sometimes shows otherwise.

Needless to say, the constant spamming of useless boxes, trying to sell me keys, and the stingy overall rewards, have taken most the fun out of the game for me this lovely Sunday afternoon, I think I'll go for a walk instead. :cool:

tenkari 06-24-2012 08:16 AM

last STF I came away from i netted some Purpl;e Mk XII cannons, 3-4 Mk XI and XII blue items.... 2 Rare salvage and Prototype salvage.

along with like 10 lock boxes. from ONE Elite STF.... apparently its just utterly random.

scramspam 06-25-2012 10:04 PM

scramspam likes vengs post

mikec1013 06-25-2012 11:29 PM

I remember a time when if you needed some EC's and could spend 20 mins in a Deep Space Encounter and warp out with 15, 20, or 30 pieces of gear to sell. Now its 5 or 10 pieces of gear and 15 lock boxes. I've gotten lock boxes for destroying mines and blowing up metreon gas. Never got loot drops from metreon gas before...

Please Cryptic, explain the "mechanics" in that.

sollvax 06-26-2012 12:23 AM

Thats easy these "stealth micro cubes" are part of the Assimilated Iconian plan to defeat the Assimilated Undine faction of the borg

they warp space to micro gate them in

brackynews 06-26-2012 12:23 AM

I think the fact you got two Borg salvages, when some people gripe about never getting any, is proof enough they don't substitute anything.

As for "perception", well, it's not that difficult to figure out:
Loot Table A before lockbox:
- junk consumable
- empty
- empty
- good loot
- empty
- empty
- great loot
- empty
- junk consumable
- empty
... 90 more rows

Loot Table A after lockbox:
- junk consumable
- lockbox
- empty
- good loot
- lockbox
- lockbox
- great loot
- lockbox
- junk consumable
- lockbox
... 90 more rows

Just speculation of course. But I've never heard a Gozer interview that would make me believe otherwise.

mikec1013 06-26-2012 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brackynews (Post 4429211)
I think the fact you got two Borg salvages, when some people gripe about never getting any, is proof enough they don't substitute anything.

As for "perception", well, it's not that difficult to figure out:
Loot Table A before lockbox:
- junk consumable
- empty
- empty
- good loot
- empty
- empty
- great loot
- empty
- junk consumable
- empty
... 90 more rows

Loot Table A after lockbox:
- junk consumable
- lockbox
- empty
- good loot
- lockbox
- lockbox
- great loot
- lockbox
- junk consumable
- lockbox
... 90 more rows

Just speculation of course. But I've never heard a Gozer interview that would make me believe otherwise.

Hmm... Written like that it makes sense. Damn it! I'd rather get an empty than a lock box.. the end result is still the same. Well sort of. The F. lock boxes got me blocked by a certain community moderator. He got sick of me spamming his inbox with lock boxes. Although he was smart enough not to call them spam, but we all know what he meant. I'm surprised he doesn't have a master Master Key or unlimited C points or dilithium to convert. No perks for the higher ups? Or did you get the Neverwinter closed beta option too?

thoroon 06-26-2012 01:10 AM

Lockboxes are the main powersource for the Borg since 2399.
Even their entiry "Omega Particle" thingy Religion had no chance against the grail named Lockbox.

Borg are also heavily misunderstood.
They don't want to destroy or assimilate (actually their iBorgPods got broke and can only play the same 3 phrases again and again), they just want to bring us the joy and peace of Lockbox. So for the 10th Year Anniversary they started the meet and greet (which the Ferengi misunderstood as greed, so they started their own Lockbox Business) in space stuff.
Santa Borg is coming to town!

sharyssa 06-27-2012 06:41 AM

...I lol'd.

tenkari 06-28-2012 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikec1013 (Post 4429391)
Hmm... Written like that it makes sense. Damn it! I'd rather get an empty than a lock box.. the end result is still the same. Well sort of. The F. lock boxes got me blocked by a certain community moderator. He got sick of me spamming his inbox with lock boxes. Although he was smart enough not to call them spam, but we all know what he meant. I'm surprised he doesn't have a master Master Key or unlimited C points or dilithium to convert. No perks for the higher ups? Or did you get the Neverwinter closed beta option too?

I keep a couple stacks in the bank, that way when the next ockbox sale ends, and the supply dissapears, i can sell then for a nice sum of money. nt a ton, but a few hundred thousand EC isnt bad.