Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Galactic News Network (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   New Lifetime Subscriber Perk (NW Beta*) (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=284171)

pwebranflakes 06-25-2012 11:27 AM

New Lifetime Subscriber Perk (NW Beta*)

We are happy to announce that all Star Trek Online Lifetime Subscribers will be gaining access to the Neverwinter Closed Beta test*. Read more for full details.

Click here to read more.

UPDATE: If you're a lifetime subscriber to STO, the Neverwinter team has announced your Closed Beta dates! Details: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/sho...ead-this-first

djconcentus 06-25-2012 11:33 AM

Does this mean that Neverwinter is any closer to actually going to beta? Because some of us have been waiting for that for a while...

anazonda 06-25-2012 11:36 AM

Your version of "perk" is ****

captwinters1701 06-25-2012 11:37 AM

I remember the original Neverwinter nights, this might actually be fun

askray 06-25-2012 11:38 AM

*squees happily*

I've wanted in this beta so I'm VERY excited!! :biggrin::biggrin:

Even scarier i squeed in real life and once again, scared everyone around me. I gotta stop doing that.

dariusmajere 06-25-2012 11:39 AM

yay.. I guess

YAAAAAAAY I paid 299 to get access to a Beta... that has nothing to do with the Lifetime Perks towards Star Trek Online. Yayyy.. Betas which every other company lets you in for FREEEE... yay.. Ya know typically I have no problems with the stuff you have given us. But Seriously.. BETA access to ANOTHER GAME should not be a LIFETIME perk for a game called STAR TREK ONLINE. Something that Actually counts towards STAR TREK ONLINE ( and no foundry options coming out of neverwinter DO NOT COUNT). A Temporary perk in a way to troll in members who have dedicated themselves to your company is not a Real perk. It is a way for you to try to troll in Life time members to testing out your future cash cow that will most likely Get more Attention in the future then STO. All of your competitors Give Beta testing out to those interested, To those that DO NOT have to dole out 299/199 for a preview access.

pwefail 06-25-2012 11:41 AM

WOW thanks for a really great perk.
If i wasn't a lifer already i'd sign up now .

*note insert heavy sarcasm at such a great Sto lifer perk where needed*

poison 06-25-2012 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dariusmajere (Post 4416491)
YAAAAAAAY I paid 299 to get access to a Beta... that has nothing to do with the Lifetime Perks towards Star Trek Online. Yayyy.. Betas which every other company lets you in for FREEEE... yay.. Ya know typically I have no problems with the stuff you have given us. But Seriously.. BETA access to ANOTHER GAME should not be a LIFETIME perk for a game called STAR TREK ONLINE. Something that Actually counts towards STAR TREK ONLINE ( and no foundry options coming out of neverwinter DO NOT COUNT). A Temporary perk in a way to troll in members who have dedicated themselves to your company is not a Real perk. It is a way for you to try to troll in Life time members to testing out your future cash cow that will most likely Get more Attention in the future then STO. All of your competitors Give Beta testing out to those interested, To those that DO NOT have to dole out 299/199 for a preview access.

Do you remember STO Closed Beta? People who bought LTS to Champs got closed beta access to STO as a perk. They then opened up access to others without making them pay. I'm sure the same thing will happen here.

mirrorseacat 06-25-2012 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by poison (Post 4416601)
Do you remember STO Closed Beta? People who bought LTS to Champs got closed beta access to STO as a perk. They then opened up access to others without making them pay. I'm sure the same thing will happen here.

I was just thinking the same thing.

dariusmajere 06-25-2012 11:45 AM

dont have to tell me

I did not pay for a LTS to CO to play STO beta. There is a reason why I did not drop Cash 2 years ago on STO and I stayed with EVE ONLINE. Tho I did drop the cash recently (before things started going to absolute hell and MULTIPLE dev's started jumping ship (( all saying it has nothing to do with the situation)) which I did expect. Happened to Blizzard, happens to EA. New companies take over Devs jump). Give us a real Perk to pay for LTS because currently Everything you for the most part offer LTS and even GOLDS.. Can be easily recieved by spending 15$ for the one month of gold and grinding your characters to max before it expires.