Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Ten Forward (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=129)
-   -   Neverwinter (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=285181)

vespha 06-26-2012 08:07 AM

Neverwinter
 
Just admit that Neverwinter is the reason this game sucks. We know you use all the money generated from this game to fund that when it should be used to make this better. PWE, you should probably fix the broken games you have NOW, before making new broken games...just sayin

anazonda 06-26-2012 08:08 AM

But... But... But... They said that money from STO DID NOT go into NW development...?

dunnlang 06-26-2012 08:25 AM

Neverwinter is not the reason the game is suffering, but it may be related.

The game is suffering because it started in a hole and never really managed to climb out. Cryptic has failed, at nearly every turn, to improve on previous content when they release new content. It's a very simple mater of quality. Cryptic has really been dropping the ball on that.

Consider the starbase interiors. Most of the interiors are re-used maps and art assets. I've seen Foundry missions that had more engaging interiors (with a more limited tool set).

Screens: Look familiar?
It goes beyond reuse though. Most of the chairs still aren't intractable (for sitting). Interiors are still huge, while other games seem to be able to figure out how to make well scaled interiors. Textures are bland and spread far beyond their size. You see too much repetition in surface texture, which makes the world seem less alive. They just now patched holes in some ship interior maps that have been there for over a year.

I could go on all day. Cryptic has asked us, so many times, to forgive a rushed launch. Unfortunately they have not made up for it with consistent quality. I can forgive mistakes of the past, but you must do better with the new things. Cryptic has failed to do so far too many times.

If you need me, you can find me over at a game that figured out how to make a beautiful and engaging setting, with reasonably scaled interiors.
http://imgur.com/a/lQ7OG#29

nyiad 06-26-2012 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anazonda (Post 4433861)
But... But... But... They said that money from STO DID NOT go into NW development...?

And now LTS'ers are going to be test subjects for NW's Beta.

crypticarmsman 06-26-2012 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dunnlang (Post 4434151)
If you need me, you can find me over at a game that figured out how to make a beautiful and engaging setting, with reasonably scaled interiors.
http://imgur.com/a/lQ7OG#29

Lol - a Funcom game - IE the company that did the two worst MMO launches in MMO history - aka Anarchy Online and Age of Conan. I'm no fan of many of Crypotic's recent decisions but as a person who was involved in AO beta and launch, and *** beta and launch - I passed on the beta key offered for Funcom's latest offering as I now it'll be like the rest of their stuff in the end.

Also, you want to talk about a company that borrows from peter to pay paul as it were... ;)

dunnlang 06-26-2012 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crypticarmsman (Post 4435461)
Lol - a Funcom game - IE the company that did the two worst MMO launches in MMO history - aka Anarchy Online and Age of Conan. I'm no fan of many of Crypotic's recent decisions but as a person who was involved in AO beta and launch, and *** beta and launch - I passed on the beta key offered for Funcom's latest offering as I now it'll be like the rest of their stuff in the end.

Also, you want to talk about a company that borrows from peter to pay paul as it were... ;)

And Cryptic's architecture is any different? My point is that the end result here, as seen in the screen shots, is substantial.

Cryptic has failed, at nearly every turn, to at least improve the base level of quality. That is unacceptable to me as a customer.

This other company has seriously impressed me with their latest offering. This is what I ask from any company. If there were problems in the past, fix them for the future.

anazonda 06-26-2012 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyiad (Post 4435311)
And now LTS'ers are going to be test subjects for NW's Beta.

Not this LTS'er... I'm not touching another PWE game ever...

wildthyme467989 06-26-2012 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vespha (Post 4433821)
Just admit that Neverwinter is the reason this game sucks. We know you use all the money generated from this game to fund that when it should be used to make this better. PWE, you should probably fix the broken games you have NOW, before making new broken games...just sayin

As far as I'm concerned, and until I have proof positive that it isn't the case, money from STO players goes into STO, nowhere else

xorvian 06-26-2012 09:53 AM

Neverwinter my be the best game on the planet and I won't spend a penny on it. It's hard to forgive their past mistakes when they are still the current ones. Almost no endgame, poor PVP, poor mechanics and non challenging game play. I really don't care much for fan made quests.

mikewendell 06-26-2012 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xorvian (Post 4435861)
Neverwinter my be the best game on the planet and I won't spend a penny on it.

I must admit that I'm feeling the same way but more for it being Wizard than for any MMO. One of my hosting clients had a D&D online encyclopedia cataloging pretty much everything that TSR had put out and they had to take it down because they had low rez thumbnails of the covers.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:33 AM.