Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Galactic News Network (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Warping Forward (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=285781)

pwebranflakes 06-26-2012 05:19 PM

Warping Forward
 
I check in with an important note to the community.


Click here to read my post.

sovereignman 06-26-2012 05:24 PM

Lessons learned, XP earned.

Now that the dirty work is out of the way; Yes, I am looking forward to where we warp to next.

meurik 06-26-2012 05:34 PM

Still waiting for the ability to change my forum name. Most other forums I frequent has this ability enabled, or has admins that are capable of changing the name for me.

Why not PW? (Betting it has to do with MONEY, and providing a service for a fee)

grnlbrtnfrnt 06-26-2012 05:41 PM

What is the explanation as to WHY we were not informed PRIOR to the switch over.

Its obvious this has been planned for a some time.

Between the lockboxes, the account issues and my belief that the "Earn Zen" program is a scam at the expense of their customers, PWE has lost me as a customer for life.

brackynews 06-26-2012 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meurik (Post 4443011)
Still waiting for the ability to change my forum name. Most other forums I frequent has this ability enabled, or has admins that are capable of changing the name for me.

Why not PW? (Betting it has to do with MONEY, and providing a service for a fee)

Not sure what forums you frequent, but all the ones I do either don't allow it at all, or make it a premium feature. Don't point unnecessary fingers or we'll just call you Captain Sassypants no matter what name you have. :tongue:

chalpen 06-26-2012 05:44 PM

are the issues going to be resolved?
Are we going to get our old name back?
Post history?
When I go "back" on my iphone when on the forums, i get gobbly goop.

doogie74 06-26-2012 05:47 PM

Will we have an option to find our previous post like we did in the old forums?

On the CO forums I have to log in with my pwe account now but it still has my old forum name on the CO forums. Can I have my old name since i already have it in the CO forums?

meurik 06-26-2012 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brackynews (Post 4443111)
Not sure what forums you frequent, but all the ones I do either don't allow it at all, or make it a premium feature. Don't point unnecessary fingers or we'll just call you Captain Sassypants no matter what name you have. :tongue:

Not that it's any business of yours, but I can say that there atleast 5-10 forums I frequent on a daily basis, all involving gaming, 3d art or Star Trek. And of those 5-10 forums, most of them allow the users to change their forum name, or in the very least, the ability to add a custom title (I.e instead of Member, it might read Formerly known as Darkthunder).

And like I said, most of those forums, also have capable admins who are friendly and helpful enough to provide a forum name change, if it's not directly enabled by the forum software.

I'm sure, if people pony up enough cash to the PW overlords, you'll see an INSTANT addition of a forum name change. Right now, the party line is "We can't change your display name", when in reality, it's a simple matter of COST and WORK. Naturally, they won't change our names FOR FREE, when they can make some extra money off of us.

Quote:

Originally Posted by doogie74 (Post 4443181)
Will we have an option to find our previous post like we did in the old forums?

On the CO forums I have to log in with my pwe account now but it still has my old forum name on the CO forums. Can I have my old name since i already have it in the CO forums?

A very good point there doogie. When i'm logged in (using my Perfect World login), at the CO forums, I see my old name as Darkthunder in the forums. So the name is clearly still accessable via my login. But not usable on THESE forums (and soon won't be usable on the CO forums either).

dunnlang 06-26-2012 05:58 PM

I can't help but think that it feels more like this than warping:

Enterprise Limps Into ESD

aegon1ice 06-26-2012 06:10 PM

See my comment on the article.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:08 AM.