Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Controls, User Interface, and the STO Gateway (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=126)
-   -   Unsold Exchange Items Returned...Where? (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=286471)

boorman73 06-27-2012 12:38 PM

Unsold Exchange Items Returned...Where?

When I have an item that doesn't get sold in the exchange, I get an email saying it's being returned to me.

Except it's not in my inventory. I see the item in question at the bottom of the email, but it's not clickable.

Not sure where these items are being returned to.

johnny111971 06-27-2012 12:40 PM

You need to go to a mail terminal... next to the bank terminals on ESD for example. Only at a mail terminal can you retrieve the items from the mail, and they will be put back in your inventory.

boglejam73 06-27-2012 12:41 PM

Items are only re-claimable at mail terminals like the one at ESD and such. You'll be able to click and drag them out of the mail there.

Edit: Johnny is a faster typer than I. Sorry for double-tapping the same info.

boolybooly 07-09-2012 03:02 PM

Then there should be such advice in emails informing you of a returned item.

pyrophile 07-10-2012 08:57 AM

I concur. The first time I got mine, I lost a whole lot of stuff be austerity deleted those emails thinking the items would just be dumped into my inventory.

mikewendell 07-10-2012 09:25 AM

Actually the whole exchange needs a tutorial.

I've lost count how many times I've seen folks selling stacks of items when you know they're thinking that they system will see it as a price per item listing.

Oh and some accolades. :)

boorman73 07-10-2012 12:21 PM

Agreed. There should be instructions IN the mail that say how to reclaim them. I always wondered why they put those mail terminals in game when I could read/send mail from anywhere. Now I know! :)

gerwalk0769 07-10-2012 02:46 PM

There does need to be a tutorial, note or video. For the longest I wondered why no return items were showing up in my inventory. I figure that they were being sold or stacked elsewhere when I delete the mail. Later I found that I lost the items when I deleted the email.

maddog0000doom 07-10-2012 04:16 PM

i get about 100 new mail (saying items being retured to you) every day yet ive tryed all my charaters none have any items in the mail its very anoying cus the mail icon is lfashing and beeping but i DONT have any items to be returned.

ive tryed not using xhchage for a week and i only use on charater for selling thigs anyway.

i gave up a few months ago and just let it beep away i dont care anymore :mad:

clamyfishstick 07-10-2012 05:13 PM

I wish they'd put it back the way it used to be where you could claim the item from any character... back then you couldn't give items to yourself yet either... so now it doesn't make sense that the exchange mails are toon-locked and basically broken.

long-story-short. Exchange mails need to be account-wide again.