Optimum Tac Boff setups for an ESCORT
I personally am going to be running a 2x quantum (with 3x projectile doffs), 2x DC 4x turret tetryon boat. But in general, here are some questions I have, for anyone with ACTUAL KNOWLEDGE meaning experience or parsed DPS data.
1) CRF III or AP: O III. You can't use AP: O as often, so I am leaning towards CRF III.
2) if I do CRF III and CRF II, on the Armitage, that means I can't run AP:O....is this a mistake? I usually like to run with both AP:B and AP:O. So does this mean I should go for CRF III + CRF I? then AP:B I and AP:O I.
3) Do I go with 2x Tac Teams and 1x HYT I and a HYT II (only doable without either beta or omega), or do I go with 1x tac team (with doffs) and 2x HYT I, etc.
Any permutation of the above questions. Basically, what the hell is the optimum setup? It's overwhelming me.
I will be honest with you, and there may be others out there that will agree or disagree with me. but you are better off going with this thread
It breaks down the reasons for only one Launcher, something to read over very well.
There may be a thread out there what has use of more than one launcher but I haven't found one yet. I run a Fleet Escort with the same set up listed in the link and have no trouble with it and deals alot of dps.
Keep in mind that link is for PvE mostly, since you didn't state which side you wanted info on thought I would offer this to start.
2) I think you could live without the AP:O, but if you like it that much then you'll have to settle for CRF II (which isn't all that bad, you just won't be doing as much damage as someone using CRF III...unless you use AP:O III with CRF II). If you only have CRF I as your LT. ability, I would suggest getting AP:D or another AP:B instead.
3) I can't really comment on this. I fly an all-cannon boat.
1) I favour CRF3.
APO3+CRF2 is slightly better than APO1+CRF3, but overall CRF3 will provide more damage as it's up during APB.
Though APO3 will give better defensive boosts, obviously.
2) Without APO, Tractor Beams can be an issue.
There's Polarize Hull, but if you take Polarize Hull you can't take HE and TSS as well...
3) Well, if you want an optimal setup, getting rid of all Torps and their BOFFs is key.
|All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:43 PM.|