Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=200)
-   -   20% off ship promo (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=286821)

dorenob 06-27-2012 04:06 PM

20% off ship promo

I purchased a lifetime subscription (reasons why are in a different thread) and the Oddysey Ship Pack for my account on Tuesday, June 26, 2012 at 1 PM PST.

Today at 5 AM PST when I logged in to STO, I see a promotion of 20% off ships!

Since I bought this less than 24 hours before the promo, am I eligible to a refund or the promo price?

doogie74 06-27-2012 04:38 PM

No you are not. I learned when it is getting closer to an American Holiday don't buy anything until that holiday just in case they have a promotion.

It is getting close to the 4th of July a holiday in America.

mikewendell 06-27-2012 06:16 PM

You can try raising the issue via a support ticket to sales but I don;t think you'll get it.

Search the forums for refunds. It's pretty much an automatic no, even when Cryptic is at fault.

doogie74 06-27-2012 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikewendell (Post 4463691)
You can try raising the issue via a support ticket to sales but I don;t think you'll get it.

Search the forums for refunds. It's pretty much an automatic no, even when Cryptic is at fault.

This isn't anyone's fault here someone purchased something before it went on sale is all. Buyer beware.

mikewendell 06-27-2012 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doogie74 (Post 4464251)
This isn't anyone's fault here someone purchased something before it went on sale is all. Buyer beware.

Didn;t say that they were. Just mentioning it since I recall a specific time where something got mislabeled by Cryptic and the player did not get a refund.

Been meaning to mention this. The last time we had a big long thread about this, some said that no MMO pre announces sales. Just weanted to mention that it appears that DCUO has done so on their last two sales. :)

mehen 06-27-2012 11:05 PM

Yeah, but does DCUO have a dilithium-type store? I think that's part of why PWE refuses to announce sales ahead of time, so people can't cash out early to get more out of their grinding. Conspiracy theory sure, but it's not like PWE actually cares about the Star Trek brand, just oodles of money :tongue:

dracounguis 06-28-2012 09:16 AM

Yup, you could have bought it 1 minute before the sale and you are still out of luck. If you can resist, hold your purchasing till there is a sale. They are fairly frequent. Either the C-store sales or the Bonus Zen sales.

jx1000a 06-28-2012 09:49 AM

The one thing I do is to hold onto all my C-points until a sale. Then go on a spending spree. :) It is difficult to resist when you want everything NOW. lol

I have been concerned with all the changes to the website, game and business stuff that the 20% sales were going to disappear.

askray 06-28-2012 09:57 AM

Oh no, sales are going to continue I'm certain of that (hey ya even get a bundle bonus if you purchase a lot of Zen in one sitting! :smile)

What I tend to do is if I'm really wanting to buy something I wait till the weekend. This way if a sale is going to happen, it'll happen while I'm ready to purchase hehe.

reginamala78 06-28-2012 11:00 AM

The funny part is with Starbases coming and how that is expected to affect the relative values on the dilithium exchange, the question becomes 'do you buy now at 20% off, or wait and hope your stockpile's value increases more than the higher costs?' Got me pulling my hair out.