Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   The Foundry for Star Trek Online - Discussion & Feedback (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=204)
-   -   Foundry Challenge #4 Discussion Thread (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=286881)

pwebranflakes 06-27-2012 05:55 PM

Foundry Challenge #4 Discussion Thread

Quote:

Foundry Challenge #4 : Ancient Treasures

This is the comments thread for Foundry Challenge #4 : Ancient Treasures.
We also have an Index of previous challenges HERE.

Feel free to link directly to the entry you are commenting on. And please remember: we're not here to tear each other up. Do not troll your fellow Captains, give feedback! Let the others know what you liked and disliked.

Let's get those creative juices flowing! :cool:

q403 06-27-2012 06:34 PM

Brandon, one problem I have with this, "suggestions" for the ideas for the mission: people could have already scripted their mission and already are working on it. This makes it unfair; they get more time then anyone else.

kirksplat 06-27-2012 06:49 PM

I probably should have put my question in this thread.

pwebranflakes 06-27-2012 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kirksplat (Post 4463251)
I probably should have put my question in this thread.

Yes, you should have :P I've removed the other one, but to answer the question: in the ballpark is fine :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

pwebranflakes 06-27-2012 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by q403 (Post 4463111)
Brandon, one problem I have with this, "suggestions" for the ideas for the mission: people could have already scripted their mission and already are working on it. This makes it unfair; they get more time then anyone else.

This is a good point, and I will probably not do it again in the future. I was just trying to include the community :) The good thing is I only posted up the thread calling for ideas a week ago, and the idea I used was only submitted last Friday. Also, there is a rule in the challenge that covers this exact thing (because anyone could have already started working on maps to prep for using it in a future challenge), so I am depending on everyone being honest :smile:

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

q403 06-27-2012 07:29 PM

I understand what you were trying to do, and frankly I enjoy the way you include the community.

Thanks, and I appreciate the quick response.

Favorite Dev = BranFlakes

pwebranflakes 06-27-2012 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by q403 (Post 4463911)
I understand what you were trying to do, and frankly I enjoy the way you include the community.

Thanks, and I appreciate the quick response.

Favorite Dev = BranFlakes

I'm not a Dev, but thanks :biggrin: It's my pleasure!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

rickysmith1 06-27-2012 08:15 PM

I forgot just how much time it can take to get the details right! Y+0.050, x+1.200,Y-0.8, etc, etc.
I'd be grateful for the extention if I didn't have to go in about a weeks time. :frown:
Red Bull time! lol

thegreendragoon1 06-27-2012 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pwebranflakes (Post 4464271)
I'm not a Dev, but thanks :biggrin: It's my pleasure!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

You may walk into a different building each morning, but you are every bit a part of the STO team.

Green Dragoon

diogene0 06-28-2012 08:40 AM

That wasn't easy to find an interesting script with this subject, but mine is roughly done. Now I only have to find which map i'll use, which ennemies, how many of them, some optional objectives for polishing, etc. A lot of things to write down.

This won't be what you could expect with such a subject, though. :rolleyes: