Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Not worth the agro (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=289311)

sollvax 06-29-2012 05:17 PM

Not worth the agro

I have spent a lot of time here recently
Basically i was trying to help and maybe make some friends

Well I guess i failed

I suggested people read the skill descriptions
I suggested people might not WANT to tank
I suggested that greed and price gouging are wrong

Well everything I said made things worse
and now people think tanking is the only way and that I am talking against the godlike mechanics of the mmo (which incidentally are a myth)

I have been routinely abused , misquoted and hell even threatened

so for now at least im going to stop

I will no longer try and advise ANYONE
I won't comment on new ideas or designs
I won't tell you when you have the facts wrong or even mention when things make no sense

I thought I was helping

Clearly i was not

So here is my last bit of advice to everyone (at least till I have a nice little holiday)

DON'T take anyones word as gospel
And never dare to disagree or you will get it in the neck

oh and if someone tells you what to do tell them to stuff it

sollvax 06-29-2012 05:19 PM

oh and this is not an I quit thread I am not leaving just shutting up and leaving it to the people who want to risk the wrath of the collective

sovereignman 06-29-2012 05:22 PM

Sorry to hear forum threat control didn't work for you, should have rolled a forum engineer ;)

ryuuenjin 06-29-2012 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sovereignman (Post 4501361)
Sorry to hear forum threat control didn't work for you, should have rolled a forum engineer ;)

forum engineer flying a forum cruiser has the best chances of survivability with forum threat control.

jkstocbr 06-29-2012 05:37 PM

Don't stress over little things. It's ok for other people to have an option that's different to yours.

quiscustodiet 06-29-2012 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sovereignman (Post 4501361)

Thread won, though I doubt sollvax will make good on his/her word.

eiledon 06-29-2012 06:17 PM

soli

haters gonna hate. I might not like everything (or even anything) you have to say but you are entitled to your opinion and to be honest some of your recent posts have given me at least a chuckle. folks don't like what you have to say, well they can easily skip over your post or ignore you in game - otherwise they should man up and enter into the spirit of the forum and good natured banter.

obiwanjabroni 06-29-2012 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sollvax (Post 4501291)
oh and if someone tells you what to do tell them to stuff it

Stuff it - don't tell me what to do!

sierrafortune 06-29-2012 06:43 PM

Well Senor Chan- I mean Sollvax best of luck in your in your non-forums pursuits. Hope to see you back one day, and stuff.