Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Federation Gameplay (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
-   -   If you dismiss a (paid) Odyssey, can you claim it back for free? (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=289621)

theindefatigable 06-30-2012 12:08 AM

If you dismiss a (paid) Odyssey, can you claim it back for free?

As the title says, if you dismiss one of the three C-Store Odysseys, can you claim it back for free like with the other C-point ships? I'm asking simply because when you purchase Oddys, they come in those bound requisition packs that you have to open, and I just want to make sure that I don't accidentally "lose" an expensive ship.

Thanks, and sorry if this has already been covered elsewhere.

thibash 06-30-2012 12:35 AM

They can be reclaimed yes.

theindefatigable 06-30-2012 06:54 AM

Thankee! :)

tenkari 06-30-2012 07:37 AM

the requisition boxes are mostly because of the bundles. since the oddy and the bortas were the only ship to have 3 distinctive variations of the ship in one pack.

they put those in requisition packs so that when people bought the bundle they didnt NEED 3 open ship slots to claim the bundle. so they could commission/decommisssion them one by one as to get the version they want and all three consoles for it.

rayezilla 07-02-2012 08:53 AM

sorry if I'm uninformed, but how would you reclaim the odys or any other paid ship?

admlshake 07-02-2012 10:26 AM

Should be in your inventory.

maddog0000doom 07-02-2012 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rayezilla (Post 4541211)
sorry if I'm uninformed, but how would you reclaim the odys or any other paid ship?

goto cstore ships and click claim

if u dont already have it

rayezilla 07-03-2012 07:48 AM

does this allow my alts to get an oddy if I purchased the oddy on my main?

adufaux 07-03-2012 12:44 PM

Purchasing C-Store ships unlock for all characters of that particular faction.

sotaudi 07-03-2012 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adufaux (Post 4561601)
Purchasing C-Store ships unlock for all characters of that particular faction.

C-Store ships unlock for the account with the only restricitions being that:
  1. The C-Store ship unlocks are permanent, meaning they can be dismissed and reclaimed; however, they are usually unique, so you can only have one per character active (or in inventory) at a time.
  2. They are faction specific, so any character on the account can claim it provided they are of the right faction.
  3. They are level restricted, so any character on the account can claim it, but they have to be of the right rank before they can.

Once the ship is purchased, it is unlocked. That means you should be able to get it from Ship Requisitions. However, since you can access the C-Store from anywhere, it is easier to claim it by going to the C-Store and "buying" it for 0 C-Points. That is, once you have unlocked it, if you "buy" it again from the C-Store, it won't cost you anything. It will just add an item to your inventory that you can use to add the ship to an open ship slot.

Provided your other character(s) is/are of the right rank and faction, they, too, can do the same.

There are unlocks that are per character and/or are consumable (e.g., DOff packs) or not replaced if deleted (e.g., pets), but the ships are permanent unlocks that can be reclaimed and claimed on different characters meeting the restrictions.