Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   New (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=291011)

spielman1 07-01-2012 04:35 AM

New

I like it if they allowed the Romulan Star Empire be a playable faction and the Cardasion also be a playable faction. This to me be great add on to the game have those faction be were you are rying to reastablish a central government. So in turn you help that side get contalized again. hope many agree with me.

majesticmsfc 07-01-2012 04:57 AM

I very doubt this will happen until/if they finish the KDF faction. Cryptic seems to have problems committing to two factions (putting all of it's time into the Federation) so I doubt they could do 3 or 4 factions.

It's a shame as I think 3 or 4 factions would be awesome, but I personally don't want to see one until the KDF are completed to the same standard as the Federation is.

mikewendell 07-01-2012 05:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by majesticmsfc (Post 4523041)
I very doubt this will happen until/if they finish the KDF faction.

And they;ve already said that they won;t finish the Klingons.

For reference, I direct the poster to the search function as this has been discussed at much length.

bluedarky 07-01-2012 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikewendell (Post 4523541)
And they;ve already said that they won;t finish the Klingons.

For reference, I direct the poster to the search function as this has been discussed at much length.

Really, last I heard they said they were finishing the Klingons one mission chain at a time and lowering the entry level when they feel they have enough content for them to justify it.

tharkan 07-01-2012 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spielman1 (Post 4522851)
I like it if they allowed the Romulan Star Empire be a playable faction and the Cardasion also be a playable faction. This to me be great add on to the game have those faction be were you are rying to reastablish a central government. So in turn you help that side get contalized again. hope many agree with me.

On the wiki, there is a guide to creating a fascimile of Romulans, Cardassians, and other non-playable species when you select the Alien species, with varying degrees of accuracy.

mikewendell 07-01-2012 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluedarky (Post 4523931)
Really, last I heard they said they were finishing the Klingons one mission chain at a time and lowering the entry level when they feel they have enough content for them to justify it.

I think you're reading the wishes of the players.

http://www.stowiki.org/User:Peregrin...The_Silver_Age

darramouss1 07-01-2012 08:47 AM

Well, if PWE was to review the already made klink content they'd see that the player gets told early on in their career that there aren't that many types of ships as when the klinks find something that works they run with it. That would very strongly imply that there SHOULD be less klink ships.

Based on that, PWE just needs to make more entry level missions, ensure that when fed ships have refits that klinks get some too and then klinks are finished. Next faction, thanks.

Next faction, thanks. If PWE wanted to be brave, it would do Ferengi. Yes, there aren't many ships and they're not as 'big' as Romulans, but you could have a faction that levels by profit. Having a faction that has a completely new mechanic for leveling would add HEAPS of dimension to the game.

(I suppose if klink players start complaining over my suggestion that no new klink ships are needed, well then I suppose we already have a Ferengi faction in the game...)

darramouss1 07-01-2012 09:17 AM

Just had a thought.

If there's no intention to make a third faction then revamp each playable species. Really make them different. Examples...

Humans - Activatible ability to increase warp core power levels by 10 for one minute

Ferengi - ability to summon a powerful ship to fight for you. This would cost gold pressed latinum. Possibly different ships for different costs.

Klingons - ability to beam boarding parties across. More powerful than the engineering ability.

Caitian - an extra hangar slot on carriers.

Liberated Borg - massive heal ability

Vulcan - access to unique ship (that huge Vulcan combat ship shown in Star Trek: Enterprise)

That would give so much meaning to each species and the choice you make.