Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Federation Shipyards (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=218)
-   -   Help build my tatical oddy. (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=297681)

strangerdanger 07-06-2012 07:10 PM

Help build my tatical oddy.
 
Hey just posting my current build looking for things to inprove my ship i know current isn't great, please no flame.


Fore weapons:

tetryon cannon mk X [CrtH]x2 [Dmg]
tetryon cannon mk X [CrtD] [Dmg]
tetryon cannon mk X [Acc] [CrtH] [Borg]
quantum torpedo launcher mk X

Deflector:
Polarized parabolic deflector mk XI

Inpulse:
Jem'Hadar Combat Inpulse Engines mk XI

Sheilds:
Jem'Hadar resilient sheilds MK XI

Aft Weapons:
tetryon beam array mk X [CrtH] [Dmg]
tetyron beam array mk X [Dmg]
polarized tetryon beam array mk X
quantum torpedo launcher mk IX

Engineering consoles:
ablative hull armor mk X
tetraburnium hull armor mk x
tetraburnium hull armor mk x
Field emitter mk VIII

Science consoles:
sheild emitter amplifer mk XI
sheild emitter amplifer mk X
assimulated module

Tatical consoles:
Aquarius escort (ship)
tetryon pulse generator mk XII
tetryon pulse generator mk XII


I just am starting STFs and working on M.A.C.O. sets but any other advice would greatly help

rayezilla 07-06-2012 10:05 PM

I run a forward pointing PVE tac oddy, here's my setup:

http://i.imgur.com/R5VRT.jpg

It may not look like much, but I can tank an elite cube and gate and deal 4k consistent DPS at the same time.

cptjhunter 07-06-2012 11:10 PM

First, ditch the cannons. Sorry, the turn rate on the Oddy is too slow for mob control,with cannons, and no matter how many RCS accelerators you stack in sacrifice of armor will help that.
Also I would use 2 neutroniums(or three) and keep the ablative( for plasma damage).
loose the engineering shield emitter, the returns on it are too low.
For science consoles.
Shield emitter amplifier, for X% regen is good. Also the Field Generator adds X% to your shield cap.Running one energy type, is good, I use Antiproton. Front setup I use 1 quantum torp, 2 beam arrays, and one dual beam array. Nothing wrong with your aft setup(my opinion)
For 15 EDCs, you can complete the retro borg four piece set.This will help until you get your MACO pimp job.If its too fugly,(I think it is) you can turn off the visuals.
Hope this helps.

disposeableh3r0 07-06-2012 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by strangerdanger (Post 4617491)
Hey just posting my current build looking for things to inprove my ship i know current isn't great, please no flame.


Fore weapons:

tetryon cannon mk X [CrtH]x2 [Dmg]
tetryon cannon mk X [CrtD] [Dmg]
tetryon cannon mk X [Acc] [CrtH] [Borg]
quantum torpedo launcher mk X

Deflector:
Polarized parabolic deflector mk XI

Inpulse:
Jem'Hadar Combat Inpulse Engines mk XI

Sheilds:
Jem'Hadar resilient sheilds MK XI

Aft Weapons:
tetryon beam array mk X [CrtH] [Dmg]
tetyron beam array mk X [Dmg]
polarized tetryon beam array mk X
quantum torpedo launcher mk IX

Engineering consoles:
ablative hull armor mk X
tetraburnium hull armor mk x
tetraburnium hull armor mk x
Field emitter mk VIII

Science consoles:
sheild emitter amplifer mk XI
sheild emitter amplifer mk X
assimulated module

Tatical consoles:
Aquarius escort (ship)
tetryon pulse generator mk XII
tetryon pulse generator mk XII


I just am starting STFs and working on M.A.C.O. sets but any other advice would greatly help

First what is your career? (tac,eng,sci) Second, what is your BOff layout and your DOff layout? (bridge oficer and duty officer)

If you are using the Jem'hadar set you should be using polaron weapons since the 2 piece bonus is a polaron damage boost.

Additionaly if you have enough for the retro borg gear I suggest forgoing the borg shield. the 4 piece bonus is just a tractor beam that has a long cool down and you really get the best use out of the 3 piece bonus anyway. you may use what ever shield you like untill you get the maco set altho the maco shield with the borg set is fairly useful for survivability.
Untill then you can either use a shield with [cap] [reg] [pla] or the paratrinic shield from I believe past imperfect.(it has the highest cap in the game but the lowest regen)

If you are just fighting in stf's the picking up some parametallic armor is a good idea since it has the highest plasma resistance. I'm not sure but I think that, and a monotanium gives you a higher net for plasma and kinetic than neutronium armors.

rayezilla 07-07-2012 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cptjhunter
First, ditch the cannons. Sorry, the turn rate on the Oddy is too slow for mob control,with cannons, and no matter how many RCS accelerators you stack in sacrifice of armor will help that.

I have a set of mk12 AP beam arrays in my bank.. I hate them. sure, with a bunch of beam arrays, you can cycle FAW and do an awesome job AOE tanking a cluster of 7 nanite spheres. With DBBs I can cycle 2 Beam Overloads, crit in the 30k range, and pull off 4k sustained DPS while tanking any tac cube, gateway or donatra the game throws at me.

disposeableh3r0 07-07-2012 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cptjhunter (Post 4621171)
First, ditch the cannons. Sorry, the turn rate on the Oddy is too slow for mob control,with cannons, and no matter how many RCS accelerators you stack in sacrifice of armor will help that.
Also I would use 2 neutroniums(or three) and keep the ablative( for plasma damage).
loose the engineering shield emitter, the returns on it are too low.
For science consoles.
Shield emitter amplifier, for X% regen is good. Also the Field Generator adds X% to your shield cap.Running one energy type, is good, I use Antiproton. Front setup I use 1 quantum torp, 2 beam arrays, and one dual beam array. Nothing wrong with your aft setup(my opinion)
For 15 EDCs, you can complete the retro borg four piece set.This will help until you get your MACO pimp job.If its too fugly,(I think it is) you can turn off the visuals.
Hope this helps.

Actualy at 180 degrees single cannons can be quite viable on a cruiser and with the right engine setup you can easily squeece an 11 degree turn rate. Infact my dreadnought is an all cannon setup.

strangerdanger 07-07-2012 12:44 AM

Thanks cptjhunter,

I agree with you cannons were just not doing it for me, not just for the turn rate but the extra dmg and less cone range just isn't a fair tradeoff in combat. I would like to convert everything to Antiproton just buying pieces as i can afford them. Tetryon is nice for sheild stripping however in STFs against unsheilded targets that proc doesn't aid me or give me any extra dmg so kinda wanna get rid of it.


i'll find some good replacements for the consoles like you suggested.

cptjhunter 07-07-2012 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by disposeableh3r0 (Post 4621871)
Actualy at 180 degrees single cannons can be quite viable on a cruiser and with the right engine setup you can easily squeece an 11 degree turn rate. Infact my dreadnought is an all cannon setup.

Not to knock the Ops thread off subject,my engineer alt is about to go VA.I really want to get the dread for him.I saw one tear up Infected like childsplay, and had one with me in a sector borg encounter tear up a unimatrix like it was tissue paper.It was a month ago, between that Dread, and my escort(Defiant) the rest of the group could AFK for a snack.Cannon build really work on a Oddy? The turn rate on mine is pitiful.Ive got all three consoles on the tac one(got the three pack as a gift a few months back)I really like using crusiers as well as escorts. The Dread to me has held my facination for awhile, just wondering if its worth the investment.Do you use all phasers?(phaserlance)Sorry, not trying to sidetrack the thread..:o

disposeableh3r0 07-07-2012 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cptjhunter (Post 4622091)
Not to knock the Ops thread off subject,my engineer alt is about to go VA.I really want to get the dread for him.I saw one tear up Infected like childsplay, and had one with me in a sector borg encounter tear up a unimatrix like it was tissue paper.It was a month ago, between that Dread, and my escort(Defiant) the rest of the group could AFK for a snack.Cannon build really work on a Oddy? The turn rate on mine is pitiful.Ive got all three consoles on the tac one(got the three pack as a gift a few months back)I really like using crusiers as well as escorts. The Dread to me has held my facination for awhile, just wondering if its worth the investment.Do you use all phasers?(phaserlance)Sorry, not trying to sidetrack the thread..:o

The dread and the oddy have the same base turn rate.
An all cannon dread works best with a tac captain. And yes if you go with the dread use all phasers as it makes your lance more powerful. Here is a thread I used when I set mine up.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=285491

As for the oddy you loose the burst potential of the lance but gain some durability and a console slot. plus the 2 universal slots mean you can either mirror the dread boff setup, or, add a lt com tac boff and have some real ass kisking power.

Personaly I use beams on my oddy since My engineer captain uses it. But a tac captain in a cannon oddy should be just as effictive as one in a dread.

cptjhunter 07-07-2012 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by strangerdanger (Post 4622021)
Thanks cptjhunter,

I agree with you cannons were just not doing it for me, not just for the turn rate but the extra dmg and less cone range just isn't a fair tradeoff in combat. I would like to convert everything to Antiproton just buying pieces as i can afford them. Tetryon is nice for sheild stripping however in STFs against unsheilded targets that proc doesn't aid me or give me any extra dmg so kinda wanna get rid of it.


i'll find some good replacements for the consoles like you suggested.

Check the exchange, or if you got the dil, get some.AP seems to work best on STFs.1 rare salvage can upgrade to X purple Antiproton, or quantum, 2 can upgrade to XI level.For me cannons are good for head on shooting, but if you get wild west( circle the wagon trains) by spheres or bops, as dumb as the AI in this game can be, they will try to avoid your forward firing arc.Thats why I use beam arrays, the double beam is good for attack approach, and any thing dumb enough to get infront of you. AP mag regulators will help.AP as far as I have learned are the best damage dealers in STFs.Beam overload is good to have as well as a tactical skill for big targets. Save that aquarius for the boss fight, it will strip shields, and draw some aggro off you to heal up after a bad damage soak.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:41 AM.