Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=200)
-   -   C-store math on character slots (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=304351)

aloishammer 07-10-2012 05:42 PM

C-store math on character slots

Okay, so I started playing not too incredibly long ago F2P. After getting my one Fed and one Klink character going, I pick up the Collector's Edition, set up another character, now that makes 3.

So recently I get an itch, and use the "Buy 2 character slots" deal. Well...except that I only got one slot. And a nice one-liner from Support explaining that I'd already used one of my slots because the "extra" one from being Gold had been taken away. (You know, the one with the character I was playing today...strangest thing, seems to me if there's a character on it and I'm not locked out of using that character, I've already got that slot. Dopey me.)

I don't care what fly-by-night logic you use, that's pure bait and switch ripoff.

The offer I paid for didn't say "Buy two more slots, unless you 'pre-used' one of them."

It didn't say "Buy two slots, or maybe just one, depending."

It clearly spelled out a price, and said that for that price you get two slots- except I didn't.

With Support already having given me the brush-off, I guess this is really nothing more than a warning to others- be careful, what it says you're buying and what they actually give you for your cash might not be the same thing.

For my part...at least I found out what sort of company I was dealing with before I sank any significant money into it, and won't be making any further such errors.

doogie74 07-10-2012 06:52 PM

As a silver player you only have 2 character slots, even though while gold you had three character slots when you went to a silver account one of those characters should have been locked out. So you had 2 character slots when you went free to play and once you purchased the 2 character slots you now have 4 slots.

http://sto.perfectworld.com/about/fr...eatures-matrix

So, you did get 2 extra slots.

grouchyotaku 07-10-2012 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doogie74 (Post 4693011)
As a silver player you only have 2 character slots, even though while gold you had three character slots when you went to a silver account one of those characters should have been locked out. So you had 2 character slots when you went free to play and once you purchased the 2 character slots you now have 4 slots.

Actually, characters are never 'locked out' (too many data base and upset user issues deciding which character will bet locked...) Empty Mixed Slots, as well as the EC account limit ('Gold' can have up to 10 Billion ECs for a character's Bank balance, 'Silver' is limited to 10 Million Ecs...) are considered fair game when transitioning from 'Gold' to 'Silver'....

aloishammer 07-10-2012 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doogie74 (Post 4693011)
So, you did get 2 extra slots.

No, what I got was the high hard one. Not a problem though...I just learned not to spend any more money with this fly-by-night outfit.

Until I can create another character, I did not get 2 extra slots. I got 1.

sovereignman 07-10-2012 07:32 PM

Yeah that's lame dude. I did exactly what you did.

I had a Fed/KDF from silver. Got another KDF from collectors. Then bought 2 more slots for another Fed/KDF.

Although I did make all this while I was still gold for that month though.

doogie74 07-10-2012 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aloishammer (Post 4693381)
No, what I got was the high hard one
Until I can create another character, I did not get 2 extra slots. I got 1.

No if you did not not buy the third character slot; you lost the ability to make a third character had you deleted that third character. They let you continue to have access to a character that your being a silver would not have been able to make but because you were gold when you made it you did not lose it.

Subscribe again and gain access to that 5th slot and unsubscribe again.

aloishammer 07-10-2012 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doogie74 (Post 4693511)
Subscribe again and gain access to that 5th slot and unsubscribe again.

What, so they can stick it to me again? Fool me once, shame on you...they won't be fooling me twice.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aloishammer (Post 4692291)
The offer I paid for didn't say "Buy two more slots, unless you 'pre-used' one of them."

It didn't say "Buy two slots, or maybe just one, depending."

It clearly spelled out a price, and said that for that price you get two slots- except I didn't.

doogie74 07-10-2012 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aloishammer (Post 4694571)
What, so they can stick it to me again? Fool me once, shame on you...they won't be fooling me twice.

They have not stuck anything to you; you are the one who has not read up on things and understand what is happening.

From C-store:
Players can purchase sets of two (2) additional character slots for their account.

Read what I linked from the matrix.

As silver you only had 2 character slots but because you were gold and made the third character while you were gold you still had the third character. Cryptic did not close out your third character but allowed you to use it while you were a silver character.

Why aren't you thanking them for letting you use the third slot while you were silver and being a silver player you are only allowed 2 character slots unless you buy extra.

Guess what, you purchased extra and they added 2 character slots to your account. The problem you are finding is you are counting the one they let you keep even though they did not take it from you. When you purchased the extra slots you purchased that slot they were letting you borrow.

I am through feeding you.

thoroon 07-10-2012 11:55 PM

Sorry Mr. "be thankful", but there is something wrong then:
My GF did nearly the same.
Startet F2P, bought a Digital Deluxe for cheap and used the key for a month sub, third slot etc.

She played 2 toons on the account, never touched the third slot.
During sale she bought 2 additional slots, just for case.
Now she has 5 Slots (still only 2 toons), although you point out it should only be four.

So either they did it wrong on my GF's account or OPs ... where is the mistake?

aloishammer 07-11-2012 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doogie74 (Post 4695521)
They have not stuck anything to you; you are the one who has not read up on things and understand what is happening.

Actually I did read up on what I purchased- it was alleged to be "two character slots," but I only got one above what I already had access to.

Good for you, Pollyanna, if you think I should be grateful this fly-by-night outfit "graciously" let me use something I hadn't paid for, but quite simply, the math fails. I had 3 active, accessible character slots, paid for what was supposed to be two more, and now have 4.

"Thank you, sir, may I have another?" :rolleyes:

Go to any mathematician and tell them 3 + 2 = 4 and see what kind of response you get.

So you go on smiling at whatever they want to do to you, that's your prerogative. Just like not letting these clowns get another penny from me is mine.