Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Federation Gameplay (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
-   -   War Zone Need to be Revamped. (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=304511)

alexindcobra 07-10-2012 06:57 PM

War Zone Need to be Revamped.

I never did understand why is the Warzone a place to spy on Borgs when its in the middle or the Neutral Zone. Feds go in to get information from borg nodes and fight the borg but the Klingons just come in to fight the Feds. That doesn't follow the narative that Klingons and Starfleet works together to defeat a greater common enemy. In Warzone, the Klingon Players are more or less helping the borg fight you. They would wait till Fed players are weakend in battle with the Borg then they pounce. The borg seem to just go after the Feds because Klingon Players can cloak and no longer be detected. The Devs nerfed AMS so it doesn't work on cubes so, to be fair, mabe they should nerf the cloak so cubes can still detect Klingons. If you argue about 25 centry Borg adapting to AMS then they would of had to adapted to the cloak as well, since it has been out before Captain Kirk days. That way the Borg will equally attack Federation and Klingon ships and one side would not be advantaged over the other, or the DEVs can raise the AMS strength enough to confuse borg Cubes and the Fed Player can squeeze out of the Borg/Klingon sandwitch.

If ask me, i think the borg shouldn't even be there because it doesn't fit the narrative. Why are enemies spawning on the same side, spawn killing eachother till one side get's tired and leaves?

travelingmaster 07-10-2012 07:58 PM

KDF have their advantages, same with the Federation. KDF players do fight the Borg when they're there to do the dilithium mission. . .but people also go there to fight the other faction when they feel like it. It's an open PvP zone for a reason. . .otherwise it would be another dull PvE grind against Borg.

Don't like open PvP? Then don't go to Ker'rat. . .get the dilithium/XP from somewhere else. Or learn how to fight those Borg to where they're not 'crippling' you after every exchange.

krell83sto 07-10-2012 09:06 PM

Best way to not get shot by KDF in Ker'rat.

1) Don't GO there if that bothers you.

lilchibiclari 07-10-2012 10:42 PM

Yes, but seriously, the spawn point for KDF and Fed should be about 40 km apart so that they can't shoot each other instantly upon spawning--you'd have to actually go INTO their spawn zone to shoot them.

dknight0001 07-11-2012 01:19 AM

[Sarcasm] Because the Klingons haven't kept the cloaking technology research going, they perfected it with Kirk and stopped all R&D into it. [/Sarcasm]

Here's the thing I switch power to Auxillery when I cloak, and I run Stealth Consoles, but why put power into Auxillery and boost your sensors when you can just whine about it. Note I don't put points into the skill.

A big part of why Klingons fly around ganking Feds is because almost everytime I go there KDF is outnumbered. Since scanning things is quicker with more people, KDF rarely have a chance to do it, so they do the far more entertaining Quest, Kill 10 Starfleet (Player) Ships.

travelingmaster 07-11-2012 02:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dknight0001 (Post 4696771)
[Sarcasm] Because the Klingons haven't kept the cloaking technology research going, they perfected it with Kirk and stopped all R&D into it. [/Sarcasm]

Here's the thing I switch power to Auxillery when I cloak, and I run Stealth Consoles, but why put power into Auxillery and boost your sensors when you can just whine about it. Note I don't put points into the skill.

A big part of why Klingons fly around ganking Feds is because almost everytime I go there KDF is outnumbered. Since scanning things is quicker with more people, KDF rarely have a chance to do it, so they do the far more entertaining Quest, Kill 10 Starfleet (Player) Ships.

That, and we're darn good at it :P

I like to think most KDF players put their ships to good use, and know when to seek assistance when it comes to perfecting their build in order to remain competitive. Gotta keep our edge in skill, if Cryptic/PWE won't let us keep most of the individual differences that the KDF used to have (carriers especially).

travelingmaster 07-11-2012 02:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lilchibiclari (Post 4695651)
Yes, but seriously, the spawn point for KDF and Fed should be about 40 km apart so that they can't shoot each other instantly upon spawning--you'd have to actually go INTO their spawn zone to shoot them.

This is a good point, and probably something they'll address when they get around to improving the PvP system. It was a bad idea to begin with :P

bejaymac 07-11-2012 03:36 AM

The warzone is a sort of 3 sided capture the flag zone, 2 sides trying to capture it while the 3rd (the borg) try to stop you.

Until you hit lvl20 it's fed against the borg, from lvl20 to lvl39 the KDF can enter and are supposed to try and beat the feds to the prize, but they usually just spend their time PKing feds that are out of their depth amongst the borg.

After lvl40 you stop getting the mission (at least that's when my current toon stopped getting it). so you only have 2 reasons to be in there, farming gear and PVP.

As to all of the players spawning at the same place, that's easy, the whole system is ****ed and has been since at least F2P which is when I started playing.

sophlogimo 07-11-2012 03:44 AM

I have a feeling many of you have not got the gist of the OP's message, and confused it with something else,

It is true - From a story point of view, Ker'rat does not make any plot sense at all within the STO story. In STO, the Klingons and the Federation have agreed to rest their war as far as the Borg are concerned. And for the subject "Klingon-Federation war" it doesn't make sense to involve the Borg at all.

The Borg in Ker'rat should be replaced with Fed and KDF NPCs, with some remains of a former Borg presence as the loot. The awkward warping every few minutes should be removed. The several bugs (such as the stretching cubes, although that one seems to have become better recently) should be cleared from the map.

Maybe one day Ker'rat will be repaired. That would be great!

alexindcobra 07-11-2012 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dknight0001 (Post 4696771)

Thats because everybody spawns on the same side. Mostly Feds don't go hunting for Klingons but when you spawn them together then its instant battle. I was just saying if the devs don't want to fix AMS to confuse Borg Cubes then they might as well, nerf Cloak so Klingons can be detected by Cubes.