Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Galactic News Network (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Hearts and Minds Returns (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=305311)

pwebranflakes 07-11-2012 01:00 PM

Hearts and Minds Returns

As this Friday is the 13th, Hearts and Minds returns for one day only. Read more to learn about this special mini-mission.

Click here to read more.

th3gr4ndnagu5 07-11-2012 01:36 PM

You guys really need to let this event last for the entire weekend.

theultimatefunky 07-11-2012 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by th3gr4ndnagu5 (Post 4705481)
You guys really need to let this event last for the entire weekend.

nooooo hence the "friday the 13th" only lasts 1 day not a whole weekend

th3gr4ndnagu5 07-11-2012 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theultimatefunky (Post 4705731)

Christmas only lasts one day, but their events last several. The same is true of the "First Contact Day" event, even though that day is only 4/5.

mikewendell 07-11-2012 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theultimatefunky (Post 4705731)

Well if you want to be technical, considering time zones, a day lasts for 36 hours as it moves across the earth.

jeffel82 07-11-2012 01:52 PM

I'm with the Nagus on this one. I understand that making it one day only might be perceived as being more "special," but it's also a major pain in the butt.

Especially since this event is, by definition, only going to be held on Fridays. Personally, Friday is the one day per week when I'm LEAST likely to be at home playing STO. I'm sure I'm not alone on that one.

pwebranflakes 07-11-2012 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffel82 (Post 4705861)
I'm with the Nagus on this one. I understand that making it one day only might be perceived as being more "special," but it's also a major pain in the butt.

Especially since this event is, by definition, only going to be held on Fridays. Personally, Friday is the one day per week when I'm LEAST likely to be at home playing STO. I'm sure I'm not alone on that one.

We're running it longer than just 24 hours on Friday. :) From the Blog: ...from around 6pm PDT on Thursday, July 12, until around 6am PDT on Saturday, July 14.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

th3gr4ndnagu5 07-11-2012 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pwebranflakes (Post 4706031)
We're running it longer than just 24 hours on Friday. :) From the Blog: ...from around 6pm PDT on Thursday, July 12, until around 6am PDT on Saturday, July 14.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Thats cool, but like I said: you guys really need to let this event last the entire weekend. The upside is more of your players get to play it. The downside is...nothing. But hey, I guess this fits in with the other time gated stuff...

darknessmuta 07-11-2012 02:04 PM

Since it says we can replay this again and earn a reward, will this end up being like the Team Fortress Ghastly Gibus and each time we get a better version of the reward if we have the old one still? I could always use another purple DOFF if the reward is improved if we had the old one.

c0nd1t10nr3d 07-11-2012 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darknessmuta (Post 4706241)
Since it says we can replay this again and earn a reward, will this end up being like the Team Fortress Ghastly Gibus and each time we get a better version of the reward if we have the old one still? I could always use another purple DOFF if the reward is improved if we had the old one.

This ^^. Personally I'd like to know what reward we can get if we've already got the reward from the first run. Thanks! ;)