Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Galactic News Network (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   The Verdict Interviews BranFlakes (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=305701)

pwebranflakes 07-11-2012 05:42 PM

The Verdict Interviews BranFlakes
 
I was recently interviewed by The Verdict podcast. Check out the interview here.


Link to the podcast.

th3gr4ndnagu5 07-11-2012 06:00 PM

More of the same old same old T5 connie talk, but still absolutely *no* mention of the Excalibur/Vesper/Exeter.

/le sigh

Also Brandon said he thought the NW beta invites would be random. I thought previous betas were in part based upon when you purchased your sub(as in, the earlier you bought your LT sub the earlier you got your invite). Is this not going to be the case going forward?

flywiz 07-11-2012 06:15 PM

Dang speakers are acting up, so, I couldn't listen. Hopefully you guys can answer. If there is a T5 Connie, could we use the Exeter skin with it?

th3gr4ndnagu5 07-11-2012 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flywiz (Post 4711571)
Dang speakers are acting up, so, I couldn't listen. Hopefully you guys can answer. If there is a T5 Connie, could we use the Exeter skin with it?

CBS said no T5 connie; that isnt in question. However the Excal/Vesper/Exeter arent connies, so they should go in the fleet store with the other low level ships getting T5 versions.

flywiz 07-11-2012 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by th3gr4ndnagu5 (Post 4711611)
CBS said no T5 connie; that isnt in question. However the Excal/Vesper/Exeter arent connies, so they should go in the fleet store with the other low level ships getting T5 versions.


:D Terrific! I love the Exeter's skin, and would love to have a T5 of it.

Wait, but I still don't understand; Why no T5 connie? Connies are already in the game, why not have one as a T5? Why did they allow the Gal-X as a T5, but you can't have the connie as one?

th3gr4ndnagu5 07-11-2012 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flywiz (Post 4711691)
:D Terrific! I love the Exeter's skin, and would love to have a T5 of it.

Wait, but I still don't understand; Why no T5 connie? Connies are already in the game, why not have one as a T5? Why did they allow the Gal-X as a T5, but you can't have the connie as one?

I cant tell you the specific reason because it has never been fully explained. All we have been told for sure is that CBS will not allow a T5 connie. However, as previously stated, the Excal/Vesper/Exeter are *not* connies, so there is no reason they should not be in the fleet store.

cworth1 07-11-2012 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flywiz (Post 4711691)
:D Terrific! I love the Exeter's skin, and would love to have a T5 of it.

Wait, but I still don't understand; Why no T5 connie? Connies are already in the game, why not have one as a T5? Why did they allow the Gal-X as a T5, but you can't have the connie as one?

Because CBS said so is why and that is really all there is to it.

And you can be lucky you got the Connie at all as from what I have read CBS was against the ship even going into the game at all.

neoakiraii 07-11-2012 06:46 PM

I love the connie, but yeah i can see why it's not a T5 ship, being as in the show it was gone after we last saw the Enterprise A fly off into the sunset, and would have ended up being a Redshirt ship like the Miranda class (the ship class that people who sleep with admiral's daughter's get assign to).:P

but yeah the Exeter, Excalibur, and Vesper class should be a T5 fleet ship, at least just take the connie skin for that. I always liked the Exeter and it would be a shame to not see that ship again. :(

matteo716maikai 07-11-2012 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by th3gr4ndnagu5 (Post 4711361)

Also Brandon said he thought the NW beta invites would be random. I thought previous betas were in part based upon when you purchased your sub(as in, the earlier you bought your LT sub the earlier you got your invite). Is this not going to be the case going forward?



wait, i thought it was a "perk" of being lifetime to get the NW beta. are saying its not only a "chance" to get the NW beta when you buy the lifetime?

cworth1 07-11-2012 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by matteo716maikai (Post 4712791)
wait, i thought it was a "perk" of being lifetime to get the NW beta. are saying its not only a "chance" to get the NW beta when you buy the lifetime?

No it is not a lifetime exclusive perk.

You will get the invite along with thousands of others they will be randomly inviting throughout the beta.You will just get first shot at getting in.

Just like Blizzard did with the promo they did...buy a year of WoW subscription and get Diablo 3 free and a Mists of Pandaria Beta invite.

They were not exclusive invite but they got in first before Blizz started handing them out randomly to others who signed up for the beta.

Same deal here.

I got my beta for MoP a week after the very last year long subscription player had their invite handed out.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:34 PM.