Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Klingon Fleetyards (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=217)
-   -   Increased HP of B'Rel Retrofit (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=306961)

gehmor 07-12-2012 12:28 PM

Increased HP of B'Rel Retrofit

So this line item in today's release notes caught my eye. I love all the Birds of Prey, and I'm practically married to my Hagh'Ta. The main thing that kept me from shelling out for the B'Rel Retrofit has been the loss of hull HP compared to the Hegh'Ta. This line item, however, is causing me to cast my Klingon eyes around at something new.

I didn't get a chance to play around with Season 6 on Tribble. Does anyone know more details about the buffed B'Rel Retrofit?

shookyang 07-12-2012 02:35 PM

I believe it's a 4k buff to the Hull.

travelingmaster 07-12-2012 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shookyang (Post 4738241)
I believe it's a 4k buff to the Hull.

That's a nice noticeable increase. . .

kolbrandr 07-12-2012 05:59 PM

Whoop dee effing doo. If it gets to the point where that hull increase matters, it's over anyways.

horridperson 07-12-2012 06:17 PM

I'll take it. It's a nod in a direction that often doesn't get looked in at all. Thanks Cryptic:)

catliketyping 07-12-2012 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kolbrandr (Post 4745671)
Whoop dee effing doo. If it gets to the point where that hull increase matters, it's over anyways.

Ditto. I don't need the hull. 4k hull doesn't protect me very much when I'm unshielded all of the time.

They should fix decloaking when hailed before adding hull, if that hasn't been fixed yet. Keeping the cloak up is far better survivability.

playhard88 07-12-2012 08:01 PM

my brel goes from 28k to 30k hull. Is the same bonus that i got in my jem'hadar

horridperson 07-12-2012 09:58 PM

Quote:

OPs kolbrandr and catliketyping
Quote:
Originally Posted by kolbrandr View Post
Ditto. I don't need the hull. 4k hull doesn't protect me very much when I'm unshielded all of the time.

They should fix decloaking when hailed before adding hull, if that hasn't been fixed yet. Keeping the cloak up is far better survivability.
I don't get it. I've been quite critical of the the newest BoP because the hull is so meagre. When you are making a break to go to cloak and unsheilded your hull is the only thing protecting you. It's not absolute protection or a good idea to try and engage like a cruiser but it does grant you some "wiggle room", a slightly wider margin of error.

I don't see the reason to complain when I'm getting a gift. It just makes them think they are right.

kolbrandr 07-12-2012 10:25 PM

When you're just popping in, you had enough hull already before the update. They can't kill you in 3 seconds from my experience.

When you get actually decloaked is when you are at risk of being blown up. But when decloaked, your shields get brought up. If those then get taken down and I'm relying on my 4k extra hull to protect me, I'm dead anyways.

majesticmsfc 07-13-2012 02:22 AM

It's a nice touch, but I think a pretty useless one, perhaps they should do as the description in the c-store said, have the ship fire torpedoes while cloaked, not de-cloak for a few seconds and then cloak.

People, especially fleeters can complain about OP and all that poop, but really with them having all the advantages is it too much to ask us KDF Captain's get just one? PvP is pretty much dead now, will be for sure in 7 months when those Fleeter fleet ships come out especially that 5 tac console Defiant.