Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Federation Gameplay (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
-   -   5 Contrabands? (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=307511)

stanojoski1 07-12-2012 04:14 PM

5 Contrabands?

Mission: Turn Over Confiscated Contraband
Previous Requirement: 3x Contraband

Now after upgrade:

Requirement: 5x Contraband

I REALLY hope this is some bug, coz i got payed 5 Contrabands for the mission and aint fair :(

And more important: I hope Star Trek Online didnt become money machine :(

bubblygumsworth 07-12-2012 04:15 PM

Not a bug, its been in tribble for a while... Sucks doesnt it?

cusashorn 07-12-2012 04:21 PM

They've been planning this change for quite a few months now, all in preparation to SLOW DOWN how much dilithium players can make so that they can't level their bases too fast.

stanojoski1 07-12-2012 04:39 PM

Now i got full bank of contrabands that worth 1.7x less than yesterday :(

dknight0001 07-12-2012 04:51 PM

If anything the price will be going up not down, you now need more.

stanojoski1 07-12-2012 05:09 PM

actually it will go up, coz there will be shortage of contrabands :(

stanojoski1 07-13-2012 06:32 AM

Now the mission lasts from 2h to 4h?
and from 3 contrabands, 5?

can it get worse??? :(
I hope this is not the beginning of the end :(

mandrake45 07-13-2012 06:44 AM

It's the end of sitting on DS9 getting dilithium every 2 hours. The sky, however, is not falling down.

smi3th 07-13-2012 09:38 PM

I also had noticed this and I also Do Not Approve.

There shouldn't really be an issue about starbases developing too fast because of there being lots of dilithium around - you just make it cost more dilithium.

This does shift the weight of dili harvesting more towards daily missions and away from doff assignments; ultimately this is a gameplay issue instead of an economic one. It doesn't impress me that much though since most of the daily dilithium missions get boring if you do them more than a couple times. Meanwhile, now people have Fleet Missions to grind for fleet marks in addition to grinding STFs for borg hardware and Daily missions for Dilithium.

On the plus side though, Dilithium will become more valuable - not only is it harder to get but it is also in greater demand thanks to being needed for fleet missions. This means that sooner or later the Dilithium Exchange will swing the other way, with the price of Zen dropping substantially. It hasn't last I checked though; when you count the change from c-points to Zen Dilithium is actually less valuable than it was a couple days ago, since you have to multiply by 1.25 in order to compare a price in Zen to a price in c-points.

I think in the long run this will be good for the game as it gives the free-to-play people a better chance to contribute to the paid economy of the game and that makes for greater profits for PWE as well as greater participation by players.

I think this would have happened anyway without debuffing the doff assignment though since ultimately the hard limit of 8000 dili per day is still in force.

Peet Smi3th

foundrelic 07-14-2012 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stanojoski1 (Post 4744171)
Now i got full bank of contrabands that worth 1.7x less than yesterday :(

No it's not.

THere's a fleet base mission that requires a good number of COntraband. You jst don't make as much Dilithium per Contraband anymore.