Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Gameplay Bug Reports (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=69)
-   -   Camera won't hold (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=308251)

darkphoxy 07-12-2012 10:30 PM

Camera won't hold

If you go into options and select space UI I keep setting the camera to "Camera Follow Target" which is the way i like it.

After about 15 minutes it sets itself back to free camera....

What gives? How could you possibly break camera follow?

illyandra 07-13-2012 04:18 AM

I've noticed the same issue. I have always had it set to "follow target," but now it switches back to free camera after a short period of time.

This is highly annoying to me as I like to have my camera on the target through any space battles I do.

eazzie 07-13-2012 04:44 AM

Camera not holding

Having the same issue here too. Have submitted a ticket to see what response I will get. If I get anything positive I will let you know

realuniqueone 07-13-2012 05:31 AM

same problem here.

tangolight 07-13-2012 11:41 AM

This is actually a very old bug that existed for about a year after the game came out. They finally fixed it, but it was reintroduced with season 6.

I'm guessing that the fix they did for it was STO only, and not part of the base code that's shared between all their games and wasn't added back to STO.

I hope someone re-fixes this issue again quickly, I can't play with a free camera.

realuniqueone 07-13-2012 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tangolight (Post 4762091)
This is actually a very old bug that existed for about a year after the game came out. They finally fixed it, but it was reintroduced with season 6.

I'm guessing that the fix they did for it was STO only, and not part of the base code that's shared between all their games and wasn't added back to STO.

I hope someone re-fixes this issue again quickly, I can't play with a free camera.

I know what you mean, chase cam is the only one you can use if you prefer keyboard controls.

Game is almost unplayable like this.

darkphoxy 07-13-2012 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tangolight (Post 4762091)

yeah the free camera is almost game breaking to me.

If they don't fix it they have just lost a lifetime member because I can't play this way.

illyandra 07-13-2012 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkphoxy (Post 4767391)
yeah the free camera is almost game breaking to me.

If they don't fix it they have just lost a lifetime member because I can't play this way.

I don't think it would take that extreme of a measure to get the bug fixed, but it is rather annoying when you switch targets only to have the camera stay in the same position as you fight.

I've played games that have no camera control other than what you put in, and they annoyed me to no end. I would prefer my camera stayed on my target so that I can concentrate on the various abilities I can use.

darkphoxy 07-13-2012 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by illyandra (Post 4767831)
I don't think it would take that extreme of a measure to get the bug fixed, but it is rather annoying when you switch targets only to have the camera stay in the same position as you fight.

I've played games that have no camera control other than what you put in, and they annoyed me to no end. I would prefer my camera stayed on my target so that I can concentrate on the various abilities I can use.

I was just talking to ZERO in the TTS channel, since she's a DEV maybe he get get it checked out and fixed faster then this forum or the ticket i put in.

But then again... there is this:

http://www.stowiki.org/User:Peregrin...ryptic_Studios

Apparently there is a lot still broken since closed beta.

EDIT: Changed He's to She's.... apparently the DEV is female and I got a lot of flak for saying HE.

Also learned from the same people that SHE did the voice for Rebecca Simmons at the end of Infected.

Which is kind of cool.

illyandra 07-13-2012 08:06 PM

Very disturbing what I just read.