Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Federation Shipyards (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=218)
-   -   Fleet DSSV Bridge Officer (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=312931)

awakened1ne 07-15-2012 07:19 AM

Fleet DSSV Bridge Officer

I have just started attempting to learn how to fly a science ship and like the DSSV because of the feeling that its a designed healing and support ship. With the new fleet versions of ships I wonder if it would be better combining the Ens Eng and the Lt Eng to make a LtC Eng giving it a similar Bridge layout to the Atrox. I might be completely off the mark on what the ship was intended for.

Could use a swap of the new sci console slot to eng but I'm not sure on that.

mehen 07-15-2012 12:14 PM

I would say utilize it more of a true healer/CC than any of the hybrid dps builds out there for science vessels. The Recon SV would get more use out of using doffs to run just one EP2SII since it leans more towards Tachyon+Torps, and the Research SV has the Lt. Comm engi station to cycle through EP2SIII, so you won't out-dps or out-tank those, respectively. Hence, healer/CC to get the most power out of your five science consoles while leaving dps to be the last thing you worry about. I'd say two DBBs up front, turrets in the back, and the torpedo up to what you fancy: transphasic's changes makes it somewhat more viable now, and a chroniton spread could help slow down an entire mob.

Think of the DSSV as an agile, hangar-sans version of the Atrox, but it might actually have more overall power than the Atrox in the end. You can still run a more powerful Tachyon than the Recon SV, even if the latter will deal more torpedo damage, and five particle generators in your science console slots could mean a nice 17k kinetic damage before any buffs to your PSWIII.

It all really just depends on what you want to do with your ship. If you fly the Atrox I'm going to assume that dps is the last thing in your mind, so flying the DSSV as an area-denial/debuff/healer extraordinaire might be right up your alley. :D

dknight0001 07-15-2012 05:45 PM

The new Fleet Research Science Vessel (Olympic) has the Lt.Com Eng slot.

awakened1ne 07-15-2012 10:58 PM

I first want to mention that I have never flown or considered how to fly the Atrox carrier so I don't even know where to begin with that ship. I was referring to the fact that it has a bridge officer built well for a Healing Support ship. Since I have always considered the fact that the DSSV is a science vessel with cruiser ties, I always thought of it as a Healing Support ship. I was trying to ask how it would change or improve its healing abilities with combining the En and Lt Engineering bridge officers to the LtC Engineering, while maintaining a Cmd and LtC Sci bridge officers. Making the Bridge officer setup identical to the Atrox, I would think that it might improve its healing and support abilities by giving it access to more than 1 engineering healing ability like Aux2SIF and Extend Shields and not sacrificing one for the other.

Referring to the Fleet Research Science Vessel, it has a smaller hull capacity and lower shield capacity as well as losing one of its Sci LtC abilities for the engineering spot and gaining a Ens Science spot.

reginamala78 07-15-2012 11:22 PM

So are you asking what the DSSV is for, or how to set it up, or how it compares to the Atrox, or a what-if scenario if it had the Atrox' boff setup? Slightly confused as to what your post is about.

awakened1ne 07-16-2012 10:27 AM

The What If Scenario. How it could Improve the ships abilities if it got the bridge officer setup of the Atrox.

dknight0001 07-17-2012 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by awakened1ne (Post 4801041)
Referring to the Fleet Research Science Vessel, it has a smaller hull capacity and lower shield capacity as well as losing one of its Sci LtC abilities for the engineering spot and gaining a Ens Science spot.

While having lower hull and shields it could very well be one of the best healing loadouts in the game combining the lt.com Eng Extend shields with Transfer Shield Strength and Sci Team 1 As well as having Hazard Emitters and Aux 2 SIF for hull heals.

As a Healing ship I think it would be fine. And unlike Eng and Tac, Sci has a lot of useful Ensign abilities.