Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Graphical and Sound Issues (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=148)
-   -   KDF fleet Starbase errors (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=313421)

claudiusdk 07-15-2012 01:45 PM

KDF fleet Starbase errors
 
Been running around the base and finding graphical errors.

In Ops
From the Window you can look into the bar, through the wall.
http://s10.postimage.org/88zu44jq1/s...22_17_05_1.jpg
http://s7.postimage.org/49tky897f/sc...22_29_33_1.jpg

Floor is sticking outside the base near the stairs.
http://s11.postimage.org/amzgl3hpv/s...5_22_17_12.jpg

And along the other side.
http://s17.postimage.org/d5hfsnlnz/s...5_22_17_27.jpg

Inside the bar this is sticking out of the wall in one of the corners.
http://s9.postimage.org/e29r63or3/sc...5_22_18_37.jpg
http://s13.postimage.org/a02cj035j/s...5_22_18_47.jpg

In Tac
One of the consoles on the central platform looks like its two consoles in the same spot.
http://s13.postimage.org/mu0eccgl3/s...5_22_20_40.jpg
http://s16.postimage.org/i74g4siqt/s...5_22_20_43.jpg

mikewendell 07-15-2012 02:25 PM

There should be a thread for these but I;m not going to dig for it.

I do recall we were supposed to ask if you;re using directx 9 or 11 though. The reasoning being that if it;s 11, it's just needs to be regenerated while v9 was an actual error. or something like that. Going off memory.

dma1986 07-16-2012 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by claudiusdk (Post 4795351)
Been running around the base and finding graphical errors.

In Ops
From the Window you can look into the bar, through the wall.
http://s10.postimage.org/88zu44jq1/s...22_17_05_1.jpg
http://s7.postimage.org/49tky897f/sc...22_29_33_1.jpg

That could be caused by back-facings on the model, making the wall invisible from one side. It's probably textured, but the model believes it shouldn't be showing those parts.

Quote:

Originally Posted by claudiusdk (Post 4795351)
Floor is sticking outside the base near the stairs.
http://s11.postimage.org/amzgl3hpv/s...5_22_17_12.jpg


And along the other side.
http://s17.postimage.org/d5hfsnlnz/s...5_22_17_27.jpg

Another issue with the model itself. It's not simply a case of visible textures... there shouldn't be anything there TO texture.

Quote:

Originally Posted by claudiusdk (Post 4795351)

Inside the bar this is sticking out of the wall in one of the corners.
http://s9.postimage.org/e29r63or3/sc...5_22_18_37.jpg
http://s13.postimage.org/a02cj035j/s...5_22_18_47.jpg

Also an issue with the model itself. Good example of the back-faces issue I mentioned above though, notice how bits of it are only visible from certain angles, while others are invisible?

Quote:

Originally Posted by claudiusdk (Post 4795351)

In Tac
One of the consoles on the central platform looks like its two consoles in the same spot.
http://s13.postimage.org/mu0eccgl3/s...5_22_20_40.jpg
http://s16.postimage.org/i74g4siqt/s...5_22_20_43.jpg

Not sure what's happened here, texture overlapping such as this should overwrite, not show both together. At least consoles are textured separately, save the devs some work if it gets investigated.


Whether these problems will get looked at is anyone's guess, but if they are someone will need to go back into the model, make a few minor (in the grand scheme of things) adjustments, re-map the entire model so it can be re-textured correctly, and then reconvert it back into game-readable format.

ufpdodgers 07-19-2012 02:12 PM

I noticed a few of those issues as well, sad thing is when the base was on Tribble the windows where always closed so we couldn't see that there was no exterior model to look out at....unlike the Fed base where you can see some of the hull of the base :(

Also anyone thing the reflection on the KDF base windows needs to be toned down a little?


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:23 AM.