Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Perfect World Destroy Sto (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=313541)

tequilla56 07-15-2012 04:51 PM

Perfect World Destroy Sto

So its been a while since playing STO (after being a very HAPPY Cryptic customer for a long time)...

NOW I am FORCED to create a PWE account and link my Cryptic account to it...
But of course that takes over 18 hours seeing as the system is bug ridden and dodgy. Eventually by creating a whole new account, LOSING my loved Cryptic Identity in the process.

Just to be confronted with the completely confusing and REDICULOUS system from Perfect World... Oh and dont bother requesting ANY kind of service in a speedy time frame, nah MIGHT get back to you in a week or so...

After all the money I have invested in this game... if PW DONT fix their service VERY quickly, I will be demanding a refund...

Perfect World... More like @$$hole World....

mikewendell 07-15-2012 04:58 PM

Afraid you're preaching to the choir and complaining to the players who are powerless to help you. At no time has a PW representative been here.

You may want to redirect your complaint here:

http://www.pwe-inc.com/contact

There's a ticket system as well but sounds like you're already aware of it. Those tickets are read by GMs who are pretty much powerless as they represent Cryptic and not PW and pretty much have no power anyway.

But in all honesty and looking at the hundreds of previously complaints in regards to this, you;re not going to get jack.

Good luck though. Welcome back :)

edit: And you may want to search the forums for refund as most folks haven't gotten them. One player purchased a mislabeled by Cryptic ship and couldn't get a refund from them. If they're not going to do it for him....

logicalspock 07-15-2012 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikewendell (Post 4797281)
Afraid you're preaching to the choir and complaining to the players who are powerless to help you. At no time has a PW representative been here.

There's a ticket system as well but sounds like you're already aware of it. Those tickets are read by GMs who are pretty much powerless as they represent Cryptic and not PW and pretty much have no power anyway.

But in all honesty and looking at the hundreds of previously complaints in regards to this, you;re not going to get jack.

Good luck though. Welcome back :)

edit: And you may want to search the forums for refund as most folks haven't gotten them. One player purchased a mislabeled by Cryptic ship and couldn't get a refund from them. If they're not going to do it for him....

Actually, I think Brandon is a Perfect World employee. It was a poorly executed conversion, but I really see no point in complaining about it now. What is done is done and wishing things were back the way they were during the game's first year is not going to make it so.

voporak 07-15-2012 07:53 PM

Your best bet is in filing a ticket. It probably won't get you anywhere but that's really all you have. When I first created my account I thought I was making a Cryptic one but no, it was a PWE one. Turns out that it came in handy since I dodged the bullet of losing the name voporak.

darkenzedd 07-15-2012 08:20 PM

I would also advise making a ticket, but then most of us know PWE couldn't give a damn to be honest..

januhull 07-15-2012 09:10 PM

People who "lost" their Cryptic handles are fekking morons who should have read a little more closely to the menus they were filling in when they linked up. There is a new log in name, and lo and behold, there was a space for the actual presentation name, separate from your log in identity, and aside from the lack of capital letters, it had the potential to be the same ******ned name.

I'm sorry, in your bigotted hatred of the new landlords, your nerdrage cost you your pedantic sense of virtual identity, but do not blame them for your inability to READ what it is you are filling out...

Whining children, it never ends.

dracounguis 07-15-2012 09:27 PM

Don't worry, if STO goes kaput, PW will not continue to lease the IP (or whatever) and some other company will then have the opportunity to ruin the Star Trek IP. ;)

I lived through the "Clickertech" Battletech (aka Mageknight knock-off) takeover. It survived for a few years, but Clickertech died off eventually as the children lost interest in it's millimeter thick depth of game-play, but the real Battletech game is still chugging along. :cool:

rankin0bass 07-16-2012 01:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by januhull (Post 4800081)
People who "lost" their Cryptic handles are fekking morons who should have read a little more closely to the menus they were filling in when they linked up. There is a new log in name, and lo and behold, there was a space for the actual presentation name, separate from your log in identity, and aside from the lack of capital letters, it had the potential to be the same ******ned name.

I'm sorry, but this is simply not true. I was completely unable to use my original handle, even without capitalization.

The transfer to the new forums and account system was fundamentally flawed. This isn't bigotry, it's a simple fact. They should have been able to migrate everyone over to the new system without having us do anything.

cmdrskyfaller 07-16-2012 05:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikewendell (Post 4797281)

Reply:

Haro! So sory you not happy! Please buy zen to be happy! We happy you buy zen ^_^ .

You ask problem be fixed. There is no problem. You buy zen and no more problem!

goldendharmny 07-16-2012 05:28 AM

Hmmm..

I see 90% of Season 6 for under geared and F2P players.