Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=200)
-   -   Fleet store and what C-store doesn't tell you. (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=317531)

blackwind04x 07-18-2012 07:50 AM

Fleet store and what C-store doesn't tell you.

Don't buy the ship keys if your fleet doesn't give you assess to buy from them. i bought 8 of those keys. I would like my Zen back because it is not advertised right. it a bate and switch.

robertcrayven 07-18-2012 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackwind04x (Post 4842861)
Don't buy the ship keys if your fleet doesn't give you assess to buy from them. i bought 8 of those keys. I would like my Zen back because it is not advertised right. it a bate and switch.

Huh?

You can only buy fleet ships with your fleet's permission?

Link please.

kar1972 07-18-2012 07:53 AM

Even so, why should not your fleet give u permission? What is the "con" to not allow people buying from fleet assets?

sophlogimo 07-18-2012 07:54 AM

Well, you fleet starbase must be on the right tier for the ship you buy. So just save those fleet ship modules-- in a few months, you will need them.

captainrevo1 07-18-2012 07:55 AM

First a fleet project must be run to provision the fleet store with ships. so if it gives you 5 (as an example), then 5 people can buy a ship before another fleet provisioning must be run.

yes, fleet leaders can decide who takes these items based on rank.

if you are in a fleet where they are not running enough provisions, or blocking you from buying then i would suggest joining a better fleet. you keep all your credits and those fleet modules.

dkratasco 07-18-2012 07:56 AM

Yes to buy Fleet ship you need:

1) Fleet with correct shipyard tier.
2) Fleet shipyard have to had ship provision.
3) You must have active option to use Fleet base stores, just like you must have it use to Fleet mail or bank.
4) Enough FC and Z-Store items.

kobayashlmaru 07-18-2012 07:56 AM

Bait and switch on Cryptic's part or your fleet's? Why not just pick another fleet that will give you access?

Also, How is this a bait and switch? The item will still do what it says it will do.

krell83sto 07-18-2012 08:00 AM

Reading: It' solves problems.

zodiemish 07-18-2012 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kobayashlmaru (Post 4843001)
Bait and switch on Cryptic's part or your fleet's? Why not just pick another fleet that will give you access?

Also, How is this a bait and switch? The item will still do what it says it will do.

^ I have to agree with this. I think bait is switch is used to much by people who don't know what a bait and switch is. this isn't a bait and switch. this is what happens when you have a bad fleet leader. the item you got still does it's job. it lets you buy your fleet ships. but fleet ships are controlled by your fleet. ( kind of why they are called fleet ships :D )

But it is not bait and switch. The item still does that it is advertised to do. It is not like you bought a fleet ship only to find out that it is a runabout. OP if you go to a good fleet. then you can get what you want. As long as their star base is at the tier that is needed for the ship that you want.

robertcrayven 07-18-2012 08:16 AM

Wow. So after I blow X amount of dollars in the Z-Store plus spend X number of months on grind, my ability to have a fleet ship is still determined by the whims of the fleet leader who might have quit the game already or is hogging all the ships for himself?

What an absolutely atrocious game mechanic that is.