Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Feature Episodes, Events and PvE Content (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=122)
-   -   Nice Work on Fleet Mark Daily (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=319691)

bluegeek 07-19-2012 02:32 PM

Nice Work on Fleet Mark Daily

I've got to admit that I respect what the Devs did with that Fleet Marks mission you can get from the Officer of the Watch in the fleet starbase.

They could have made it the same grindy pointless task every single time, but even though they're all basically time-wasters they're relatively simple, not overly frustrating, and there's a lot of variation that I did not expect.

It's basically a branching mission with a random objective, and I'm impressed.

I would like to see more of that kind of thing in other missions. Better yet, fix it so we can set up something similar in the Foundry.

dma1986 07-22-2012 06:46 AM

You've not found one of the broken ones yet, then?

Like the blank freighter manifest, or the recruit with no issues to correct, or the PADD mission...

mikewendell 07-22-2012 09:19 AM

...or gotten just one of them 3 or 4 times in a row?

Granted though I do like them as well. Just wish they were more random or there was more of them. Heck I'd take a scan five power couplets or mop the dance floor or run a memo to another officer right about now....

But hey. Cheap five marks

tinead51 07-22-2012 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dma1986 (Post 4907361)

Like the blank freighter manifest, or the recruit with no issues to correct, or the PADD mission...

Ah,so its not just me it was broke for,and there I was thinking i'd missed something simple :D

c0nd1t10nr3d 07-22-2012 11:49 AM

I once, (just once so far) got the one with the cadet with nothing wrong. A little frustrating but no big deal considering it's just 5 marks.

Btw, have any of you done this mission with the cadets on the KDF side and had a Targ in the line-up? I had the other day and it was very amusing! It was twice as amusing to learn that the Targ's boots were scuffed! So, Targ's wear boots huh? Ya learn something new every day! lmao

oldkirkfan 07-22-2012 04:31 PM

ferdzso0 07-22-2012 04:45 PM

apart from the bugs, the idea of this mission (missions) is pretty nice, and would be nice to see more of these

mikewendell 07-22-2012 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldkirkfan (Post 4913281)
Are you sure it was a Targ.... I mean some of those Klinks do look like....

I'm sorry. That was uncalled for. I really didn't mean to insult the Targs like that.

Are you sure it was a Targ? I thought it was my ex mother in law?

bluegeek 07-23-2012 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dma1986 (Post 4907361)

Nope. I haven't run into any real bugs so far. I guess I've been lucky.

I only had trouble completing the PADD objective one time... before I realized that the PADD was located on a balcony overlooking the Ops level that can only be accessed via the transparent bridge. And the PADD has been there every single time, so I haven't needed to visit any other level. No idea if this is intended behavior, or if I'm just getting lucky.

I confess that I AM getting tired of the scan your starbase objective which seems to pop up most often. It's quite a bit easier if you have a fast ship with a good turn rate, though.

I've only gotten the cargo manifest once so far and I was able to complete it without any problems.

As far as the cadets go, my understanding is that they go away if you take too long and you can summon another set of cadets. I imagine that you could probably beam over to your ship, beam back, and get a whole new set of cadets to complete the objective.

Last night I entertained myself by sending my Ferengi in to inspect the cadets... he lashed them with his energy whip when he found a problem. That's one bunch of cadets who'll get their uniforms right from now on!!! :D

mikewendell 07-23-2012 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluegeek (Post 4920691)
I confess that I AM getting tired of the scan your starbase objective which seems to pop up most often. It's quite a bit easier if you have a fast ship with a good turn rate, though.

Haven't gotten that one yet.

If I may make a coding suggestion, keep a record of whatever was the last daily for this and if that daily comes up again, have the game pick a new one?

I;ve seen the target practice twice, the padd one once and all of the reat have been count the weapons.