Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   STF Drop nerf complaint. (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=321181)

sdkraust 07-20-2012 11:27 AM

STF Drop nerf complaint.

Since yesterday this is the standard drop for Elite STFs:

2 EDCs
1 Prototype Salvage / 1 Rare Component / 1 Prototype Component / 1 Random Mk XI/XII Item (Usually Deflector / Engine / Shield for space, I got a Shield once in ground ) (Purple or Blue)
1 Tholian Lock Box.

This is not worth it anymore. You used to get An extra item because the Lock Box did not count as an Item. Its Absurd and needs to be fixed IMO.

ozewa 07-20-2012 08:06 PM

Yea, like the first 9 or so drops I get after I log in are always lockboxes.

Would be nice if I could get something for them, but as it is they're just far too common.

It always feels like I'm being denied loot when one of them drops. I could just buy them for dilithium if I wanted one.

rodentmaster 07-21-2012 01:09 AM

STF drops have been ultra-crappy lately. Even getting the optional only gives you 3 crappy blue items. I've seen so many optionals not even have BORG drops it's absurd.

Too many bad code changes in S6 so far. I'm almost wishing for S5 back again.

captaintroika 07-21-2012 01:54 PM

Prototype drops in general need to be increased, or, alternately, prototype requisitions need to be buyable with EDC. Gozer is gone and there's no reason to make endgame stuff be such an annoying grind.

admiralthorr360 07-21-2012 02:36 PM

Definitely think the drops shouldn't be robbed by tholian lock boxes.

reyan01 07-21-2012 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by admiralthorr360 (Post 4900701)
Definitely think the drops shouldn't be robbed by tholian lock boxes.

They don't make any difference & drop in addition to the Item drop.

daskippa 07-21-2012 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sdkraust (Post 4885061)
Since yesterday this is the standard drop for Elite STFs:

2 EDCs
1 Prototype Salvage / 1 Rare Component / 1 Prototype Component / 1 Random Mk XI/XII Item (Usually Deflector / Engine / Shield for space, I got a Shield once in ground ) (Purple or Blue)
1 Tholian Lock Box.

This is not worth it anymore. You used to get An extra item because the Lock Box did not count as an Item. Its Absurd and needs to be fixed IMO.

To me it doen't feel any different, however my luck with the rng is so bad it's probalby not apparent to me. All stf accolades were finished months ago including all 100+ runs yet I have yet to complete either space set and only 1 ground set. But I ASSUME that like the Fbomb boxes; they arn't part of the loot table, but thats just an assumption on my part.

diogene0 07-22-2012 01:28 AM

You may have 2 items and EDCs, it happens, you just have no luck.

And good drops happen too, I often see borg salvages and techs. Actually, I have way too many techs. :(

rickpaaa 07-22-2012 03:53 AM

I am not sure of much, but I am sure that proto tech has been severely cut back. You have a better chance of opening last years Xmas Box in October and getting a Jem bug.