Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Controls, User Interface, and the STO Gateway (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=126)
-   -   [Request] Block FLEET invites only (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=321981)

firesoforion 07-21-2012 02:48 AM

[Request] Block FLEET invites only

Please provide a seperate option to enable users to block ONLY fleet invites but still allow for team invites to be made which are a pre-requisite for EliteSTF and other STO groups. Even with a polite status message informing people not to spam with fleet invites, I am getting them whilst using ESD, DS9, Drozana facilities and even on ground maps as all these spammers have to do is right click on you, select Invite to Fleet and move on to the next person.

Simple solution, seperate Fleet and Team invites into two seperate categories as the system recognises them as being Fleet, evident in the system's display information in the chat window. This will allow for the creation of teams for STFs, Accolade runs and other team orientated content whilst allow users to block fleet spam until they decide if the fleet system is worth the required investment in time.

marc8219 07-21-2012 03:04 AM

I used to have fun with random fleet invite spammers before I joined a fleet.
Once you get the invite you can use their Fleet chat even without joining the fleet. Have fun spamming the spammers for a change. Also you could just join and check if you can acces their bank, then leave. Serves them right if they get stuff stolen, because random fleet invites without talking to the person first is just stupid and rude.

verlaine11 07-21-2012 03:25 AM

It would be nice to have a button like this, i had 8-9 invites at random yesterday in 2 hours, very very annoying indeed.
If i want to join a fleet i would do a bit of research first on the best fleets for me and then ask questions to members ect, not take a random invite.

firesoforion 07-21-2012 04:08 AM

I am glad I am not the only one who has gotten so sick of this crap, even doing a tour event I get the damn things. I do hold some hope that they might listen and provide a solution to the problem.

Fleet invite spammers are just as low as gold spammers!

markhawkman 07-21-2012 09:26 AM

Thank you for identifying yourself as someone who needs more fleet invites. :D

crusty8mac 07-21-2012 09:47 AM

Simple solution. Find four other people to start a fleet (no anonymous fleet invites allowed), then kick them out. You are still a solo grouch, and fleet invites are blocked.

mikewendell 07-23-2012 06:28 PM

Looks like we're getting this feature. At least it's coming on Tribble:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=325141

Quote:

Added the ability to block Fleet invitations.

This is in the social menu, under Privacy on the Search tab.

zerobang 07-25-2012 12:32 AM

accept it
go to fleet bank
place ONE LockBox (or Tribbles or whatever) in every slot of their bank that is unused
-> somebody will have to do a lot of clicking to clean that up ;P

robeasom 07-25-2012 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zerobang (Post 4946871)
accept it
go to fleet bank
place ONE LockBox (or Tribbles or whatever) in every slot of their bank that is unused
-> somebody will have to do a lot of clicking to clean that up ;P

Or take all there stuff from there bank and replace them with Lockboxes and tribbles not only will you get something you can then sell for EC but you teach them a lesson. In the fleet I am in I ask people if they want to join and only if they message back would I see if there interested. But spam invites used to do my head in as well

mikewendell 07-25-2012 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robeasom (Post 4946911)
Or take all there stuff from there bank and replace them with Lockboxes and tribbles not only will you get something you can then sell for EC but you teach them a lesson. In the fleet I am in I ask people if they want to join and only if they message back would I see if there interested. But spam invites used to do my head in as well

Then they'll come running to the forums crying about how they've been robbed and how the devs need to fix this RIGHT NOW!!!!! etc etc etc....