Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=200)
-   -   Loss of Forum Account (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=323351)

davidhadar460 07-22-2012 07:26 AM

Loss of Forum Account
 
Hi,

I just made the change from Cryptic to Perfect World this weekend and I can still login and play with my characters in-game. My former handle/forum name was David_Hadar and while that is still my Handle in-game, I was forced into changing my Forum name. My account has a slightly different password too, however when I want to the Transfer a Character Page via my account page, all of my characters showed up, proving that my old account had linked up. However, when I went to my Control Panel on the forums, it said I had no Thread subscriptions, when I know I had at least half a dozen on my old account. Are those lost forever or can they be retrieved? If so, I'd like to see those again. Thank you

grouchyotaku 07-22-2012 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davidhadar460 (Post 4908131)
Hi,

.... Are those lost forever or can they be retrieved? If so, I'd like to see those again. Thank you

Their lost forever... Because of the changeover to the PWE forums, all of the legacy forum posts are now owned by 'Archived Post'...

mikewendell 07-22-2012 08:55 AM

Thread subscriptions also default to being off and the page to turn that on is not linked to on your control panel.

There's a manual link though:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/pr...do=editoptions

Hope this helps

edit: Oh and PW has email notifications turned off so even if you select that option, you'll never get the emails.

davidhadar460 07-22-2012 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikewendell (Post 4909001)
Thread subscriptions also default to being off and the page to turn that on is not linked to on your control panel.

There's a manual link though:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/pr...do=editoptions

Hope this helps

edit: Oh and PW has email notifications turned off so even if you select that option, you'll never get the emails.

Thats' ok-I never was a big fan of email notification anyways

davidhadar460 07-22-2012 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grouchyotaku (Post 4908841)
Their lost forever... Because of the changeover to the PWE forums, all of the legacy forum posts are now owned by 'Archived Post'...

ahh...I wondered why I was seeing that all over the place:)

davidhadar460 07-22-2012 09:35 AM

Contacts gones also!
 
I guess that your friends didn't transfer either...PW should've made the transition easier for the players:(

darkjeff 07-23-2012 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davidhadar460 (Post 4909341)
I guess that your friends didn't transfer either...PW should've made the transition easier for the players:(

That's odd, I didn't lose anyone on my Friends List from the conversion/merger.

davidhadar460 07-28-2012 05:49 AM

Clicking usernames
 
Also, I noticed a little while ago and than again today that clicking on a username of a player brings you to their profile, but not really. That page is messed up and too crowded. It can't be read right

davidhadar460 07-28-2012 05:55 AM

Frineds/Contacts
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by darkjeff (Post 4924391)
That's odd, I didn't lose anyone on my Friends List from the conversion/merger.

I still have mine too, but in-game only. When I click on Contacts in the UserCP I get nothing but a chance to add new contacts. The website should accurately show the same list as it did before-the same as in-game.

thecosmic1 07-28-2012 06:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davidhadar460 (Post 5011521)
I still have mine too, but in-game only. When I click on Contacts in the UserCP I get nothing but a chance to add new contacts. The website should accurately show the same list as it did before-the same as in-game.

No one gets anything there. That part of the forum isn't hooked up yet.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:29 AM.