Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Klingon Fleetyards (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=217)
-   -   Hegh'ta vs. Gurumba (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=323601)

qwertypwned 07-22-2012 12:00 PM

Hegh'ta vs. Gurumba
 
I'm trying to decide between either hanging on to my hegh'ta or upgrading to a gurumba. The battle cloak is really fun, but what about that siege mode and javelin? Any input would be appreciated!

dknight0001 07-22-2012 10:02 PM

I own pretty much all the free T5 KDF ships and the Garumba.

I fly the Garumba 90% of the time.

Siege mode is a small increase to fire power, but the Javelin when combined with a HY or a BO can be fatal to almost anything.

Also Siege mode is currently bugged and not disengaging 100% of the time after firing the javelin so the ship is currently more powerful than intended. Infact I think it's a 50/50 chance of staying in it.

Siege has a 20s cooldown, Javelin 1 min. You need to be in Siege to use the Javelin and it takes some time to power up and fire.

Buying the Garumba doesn't mean you have to throw away your BoP. I still find my Raptor and BoP more useful in some situations than the Garumba. Farming Feds in Kerrat can be easier with a cloaking device.

Of the KDF C-Store ships I'm considering a Kar'Fi and a B'Rel Retrofit. But neither them or the Garumba have a Fleet version.

otakuboyt 07-22-2012 10:43 PM

I personally regret my perchase of the Garumba. I found the Javelin underwhelming.

travelingmaster 07-23-2012 12:53 AM

I found the Guramba to be ok on firepower, but the turn rate in siege was ticking me off. Makes me useless against other ships in my weight class (escorts) in PvP. Otherwise, I'd say it's a good ship to fly.

dknight0001 07-23-2012 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by otakuboyt (Post 4916941)
I personally regret my perchase of the Garumba. I found the Javelin underwhelming.

Are you using it in conjunction with Tac Team, Omega and Alpha strike/Fire on my Mark?

Because shields up or down that is fatal to a PVE NPC ship. I'm getting 50-60k hits and crits 120k and above.

crusty8mac 07-26-2012 12:18 PM

Fly both. I have my Garumba set up for STFs and my Qin set up for PvP.

framesplicerx 07-26-2012 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dknight0001 (Post 4918121)
Are you using it in conjunction with Tac Team, Omega and Alpha strike/Fire on my Mark?

Because shields up or down that is fatal to a PVE NPC ship. I'm getting 50-60k hits and crits 120k and above.

This^

Javelin unbuffed is neat looking and that's about it.

Other toys to consider to make your Gumbo more fun:
Subspace Jump Console (having trouble maneuvering your Seige mode? not any more! well at least not every 2 mins.)
Bio-Neural Warhead (Massive dmg projectile that has it's own shield and anti-proton turret to weaken the shields of it's target. can also be fired from 15km away, but not closer than 2.5km)

I rock the Quads, 2 DHC, and the bio up front; turrets in the back and support with 4 Disruptor consoles. It eliminates things quickly. A good buffed javeline and bio warhead will make Tact Cubes weep.
The Bio-Neural recharge does benefit from DOFFs. >:)

retunred4good 07-31-2012 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by framesplicerx (Post 4977811)
This^

Javelin unbuffed is neat looking and that's about it.

Other toys to consider to make your Gumbo more fun:
Subspace Jump Console (having trouble maneuvering your Seige mode? not any more! well at least not every 2 mins.)
Bio-Neural Warhead (Massive dmg projectile that has it's own shield and anti-proton turret to weaken the shields of it's target. can also be fired from 15km away, but not closer than 2.5km)

I rock the Quads, 2 DHC, and the bio up front; turrets in the back and support with 4 Disruptor consoles. It eliminates things quickly. A good buffed javeline and bio warhead will make Tact Cubes weep.
The Bio-Neural recharge does benefit from DOFFs. >:)

I have that exact layout and mine is absolutely devastating. If it weren't for the Guramba, i wouldn't even play my klingon, i think.

framesplicerx 07-31-2012 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by retunred4good (Post 5056691)
I have that exact layout and mine is absolutely devastating. If it weren't for the Guramba, i wouldn't even play my klingon, i think.

It's a thingof beauty for sure!
I actually a 72k crit last night with only partial buff... it was against a Neghvar on Starbase Defense.
There's something incredibly satisfying taking out a big ship tht way and evasive maneuvering through their flaming hull. :D


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:23 AM.