Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Builds, Powers, and Game Mechanics (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=219)
-   -   BOffs and star bases and Section heads (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=324401)

tilarium1979 07-23-2012 03:47 AM

BOffs and star bases and Section heads
 
Ok, so a while back there was talk that shortly after we got the DOff system the section heads feature would be rolled in. This is the feature that would let us set out First Officer, CMO, Chief of Operations, Chief of Security, etc etc etc. Any new word on that happening?

Along with that, on our fleet bases, any chance to get a system to the BOff system where fleet members can assign their extra BOffs to a station officer list and we can see them maning the various consols or walking around? And adding to that, the section head added to the bases too. All the regular ones the ships will get (some day) and extra ones like the officer of the watch position, diplomat positions and stuff like that? Give us something to do with all our extra BOffs. Make it so the fleet leader can set which levels in the fleet are allowed to place BOffs into the station BOff roster.

And to add one more thing in. BOff and also DOff storage for the fleet on star bases. Same thing as the fleet bank, only one it can hold BOffs and DOffs instead of regular items. Again, a way to get rid of the tons of extra BOffs we get.

darkjeff 07-23-2012 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tilarium1979 (Post 4919081)
Ok, so a while back there was talk that shortly after we got the DOff system the section heads feature would be rolled in. This is the feature that would let us set out First Officer, CMO, Chief of Operations, Chief of Security, etc etc etc. Any new word on that happening?

We've been able to do that since at least S5. It's in the Duty Officers screen, there should be a tab like "Division Heads" or something which has the sole purpose of setting people into positions. This determines who talks to you during missions and such.

tilarium1979 07-23-2012 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkjeff (Post 4924081)
We've been able to do that since at least S5. It's in the Duty Officers screen, there should be a tab like "Division Heads" or something which has the sole purpose of setting people into positions. This determines who talks to you during missions and such.

Yes and no. That was only the first steps of it. The Department Heads system would have each BOff you set as the head provide additional abilities and would also appear in a different location on the ship (FO in the FO seat, CMO in Sick Bay). It wasn't just talking to you during the missions and telling you what officer they thing you should use in a DOff mission.

darkjeff 07-24-2012 07:12 AM

Ah, wasn't that dumped in favor of Active Space/Ground DOffs?

switchngc 07-24-2012 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkjeff (Post 4935571)
Ah, wasn't that dumped in favor of Active Space/Ground DOffs?

Not that I know. Heretic was still talking about finishing it up shortly before he left. It may have been scratched when he left though. I would like to second the ability to do something with all these BOFFs we get. As it stands I typically just discard them (sadly you don't get anything by doing so). Maybe add them as a requirement in some Fleet Starbase Assignments (not to the extent DOFFs are, but still)


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:47 AM.