Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=200)
-   -   Exposing the GOLD Farmers (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=324451)

warlordsob 07-23-2012 04:56 AM

Exposing the GOLD Farmers

Well Master keys are 1.7-1.8 million EC and the Gold Farmers are making a killing. How you say, well let me break it down for you. If you buy a key @ $1.25 or a ten pack for $11.25 and sell it on the exchange for 1.7-1.8 EC.

So sell (10 key @ 1,700,000 = 17,000,000 EC) most all Gold Farmers sell STO EC @ $1.00 per million. Which means they are making around $5.00-8.00 profit for doing nothing.

I could care less its just a funny fun fact Cryptic is paying the farmers.

I have no issue with players playing exchange PVP because I do so myself and am pretty dam good at it too. I speaking of the gold farmers that sale EC for real money and how cryptic is enabling them. If anything they are cutting into players profits. So a easy solution to end REAL GOLD FARMERS in game.

This is where you guys at Cryptic should open them ears up. Make a currency exchange EC, Latinum, Dilithium , and ZEN all exchangeable. Wait!....Don't say well this will cut into your money grab because it will not cryptic people will buy zen from you to turn it into EC in order to buy high price stuff off the exchange. Its a three way win for us, the buyers and YOU CRYPTIC.....Think about it....and get back to me.

adrianm63 07-23-2012 05:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by warlordsob (Post 4919641)
...most all Gold Farmers sell...

Sell?How you know they sell or not?Just because they spam the chat doesnt mean they sell.
People sell keys because they want to turn ZP into ec.If gold farmers would SELL everyone would stop buying keys .Also keys prices are set by demand on exchange not by Illuminati and ec farmers.

daiouvegeta2 07-23-2012 05:07 AM

That's saying anyone is willing to pay real money for EC, since it's so easy to get in the first place.

warlordsob 07-23-2012 05:30 AM

OK

Quote:

Originally Posted by adrianm63 (Post 4919771)
Sell?How you know they sell or not?Just because they spam the chat doesnt mean they sell.
People sell keys because they want to turn ZP into ec.If gold farmers would SELL everyone would stop buying keys .Also keys prices are set by demand on exchange not by Illuminati and ec farmers.

anyone listing a key under 1.7 or now looks like 1.8 they just buy it and repost it just as I do on most any market i want to take over. I sold 19 keys that i bought when the exchange was selling them for 1-1.2 million @ 1.6 and they were all purchase by the same person I will not say his name but he was a real PAL.

sollvax 07-23-2012 06:03 AM

Any item bought in exchange should INSTANTLY bind

and remember folks "Gold farmers" are criminals
they want your credit card details or pay pal details so they can rob you

Honest men do not do this

mikewendell 07-23-2012 06:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sollvax (Post 4920231)

I disagree with this but I can understand where you and others are coming from.

I was thinking on my walk in this morning that it;s been weeks since I;ve seen a zone chat spam for gold. I was wondering if they had just given up and moved onto a different game or....

I buy and sell masker keys quite often although it;s been awhile. I wish someone was paying me to play the game but they're not. Just a quick request to watch the generalization of who's doing farming. Thanks

sollvax 07-23-2012 07:10 AM

Mr Wendells reputation is spotless

warlordsob 07-23-2012 07:18 AM

I'll pay you

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikewendell (Post 4920381)
I disagree with this but I can understand where you and others are coming from.

I was thinking on my walk in this morning that it;s been weeks since I;ve seen a zone chat spam for gold. I was wondering if they had just given up and moved onto a different game or....

I buy and sell masker keys quite often although it;s been awhile. I wish someone was paying me to play the game but they're not. Just a quick request to watch the generalization of who's doing farming. Thanks

I'll pay you 3 cents an hour to farm for me hehehe...................... No really!

adrianm63 07-23-2012 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by warlordsob (Post 4920001)
anyone listing a key under 1.7 or now looks like 1.8 they just buy it and repost it just as I do on most any market i want to take over. I sold 19 keys that i bought when the exchange was selling them for 1-1.2 million @ 1.6 and they were all purchase by the same person I will not say his name but he was a real PAL.

Doesnt matter if they do that ,people will buy those keys anyway thus deman rule applies.
I can tell you 30 people who play the exchange to make profit and buy ships.I'm one of them .I made billions buying cheap and selling expensive .None of them are "gold farmers".

Quote:

Originally Posted by sollvax (Post 4920231)

In a game where everything is bound you want that :confused:

sollvax 07-23-2012 09:47 AM

We need to stop the "market massacre" thats happening now

There are WAY too many people buying stuff and reposting it immediately at a 50% mark up

this is not commerce its theft