||07-24-2012 07:55 PM
List of things that were working fine before Season 6
The intent of this thread is to catalogue the bugs that have were previously fixed, but the updates seem to have been lost with the Season 6 transition.
As such, this list will not include bugs with the new Nukara content, or the Fleet advancement system.
Some of these bugs were never previously broken, but added for the sake of completeness. I guess you could consider this more of a list of 'things that were working before, but aren't now'.
Feel free to add any you find, with details.
Color codes: Fixed
- Issue acknowledged by devs
STO S6 Reverted changes:
- Ship Selection - It was previously made so that when standing near the ship selector NPC, your other ships would NOT show up in character status window, but you had to actually speak with them to have your other ships show. Season 6 reverted this.
- Chase Camera switching to Free - Under circumstances people who have their space camera set to 'Chase' would see it revert to free camera. It seems to be related to using mouse movement (holding down both mouse buttons) with Chase camera on. After a while of this bug, it was finally fixed...and then reintroduced with season 6. Fix in the works. Fix on tribble. Fixed
- Chase Camera switching to Free #2 - Reports of the issue happening differently now. Related thread.
- Pressing escape to exit the chat box - Fixed.
- Chat buffer recall missing - Previously, one could use the arrow keys (I can't remember if holding down alt was a necessary step) to scroll through a list of messages you had previously sent. This no longer is the case. At most you can only go back to the very last message only, not multiple messages, and this behavior isn't reliable. Fixed in 7/26 patch
- Bartender and Chef DOffs - These doffs are no longer adding the extra items they should to the replicator. This is currently being looked into. Fixed
- Ketracel White can't be made without putting the duty officer on active - A previous fix before S6 made it so that this worked as long as the duty officer Dathan was in your roster, without needing to be on active duty.
- Klingon Lore terminals bugged - Fixed.
- Klingon Academy interaction area smaller - ie: Exchange consoles you have to be standing on the correct half of it, close up to use. Reported here.
- System Image and Description missing - Previously, when flying near systems in sector space (including exploration clusters) would bring up an image of the system and a description giving additional details. This has been lost with season 6. Additionally, mousing over them from a distance would display an image of the system. Partially fixed with the 7/26 patch. Some systems are still reported as missing their pictures and descriptions. Examples: Alhena, Traelus, Donatu.
- Jem'hadar Ship terminal range - The interact range for these terminals seems to have been reduced severely. Related thread
- Exchange - Many issues with sorting. Fixed at least to the point it was at in S5.
- Interaction Delays - When turning in missions, picking up missions, accepting doff assignments, there is often a large delay before the screen is updated to reflect the change in status for the mission. This used to never happen before except in cases of extreme lag, but seems to be fairly common and easily reproducible now. Related thread 1. Related thread 2. Related thread 3. Related thread 4.
- Mail Deletion from Exchange - When deleting an mail that is from the Exchange@ (ie: Exchange Expired mails), they do not delete from the display after clicking delete, but closing the mail window and reopening it will correctly show that they are gone. This only happens with mails from the exchange, and not if you delete messages sent from other players or yourself. Fixed
- Mail Deletion - As of the 7/26 patch, any mail at all can't seem to be deleted at all. Fixed
- Auto Complete non functional in some areas - Auto completion of names and handles used to function on bridge invites, and mail messages, but no longer functions in these places. It still works correctly in the chat box. Fixed on Tribble Fixed
- Warp Out Animation - When warping out, ships always seem to try to orientate toward a specific point in the map, even if that means doing large turn arounds. Related thread. Additionally, since the camera adjustments in season 5, the warp out camera angles are off, and often do not display the ship at all because of the zoom setting or centering point.
- Notifications Sorting - In the notifications area just above the chat window (not the fly out), items are now sorted in some order (possibly alphabetical) whereas previously they were listed in the order they were obtained. This is particularly evident when quickly turning in multiple doff assignments that reward doffs as you can no longer look at the bottom of the list to see what the newest doff you got was. Fixed on Tribble Fixed
- COLOR="Red"]Notification option "Squadron Loot" unable to be set active[/color] - Checkbox will not stay set as active after being unchecked in Fly-by column
- Camera Distance not saving - Some people have reported that the camera no longer remembers the distance from the ship upon zoning, and that it always starts close up to the ship, even if you had it zoomed far out.
- Cargo Bay missing items - In the DOff interface, there is a section called Cargo Bay that lists commodities, contraband, and other items. Previously, data samples were added to that list, but as of season 6, that change was reverted. Fixed on Tribble. Fixed.
- MVAM Smoothness - When using multi vector assault mode, the animation that shows your ship separating is no longer as smooth as it once was. Possibly a result of the tech to allow it to display at the same angle you are, it now results in a very jerky sequence, even at good frame rates. This issue may also apply to the Galaxy retrofit.
- HUD settings not being saved - Certain HUD settings don't seem to be saved properly. See this thread for details
- Polaron Phase Modules don't bind - Any rarity of these consoles don't bind to characters when used.
- Camera Shake setting won't change - Attempting to change this setting and clicking OK has it revert back to whatever it was set as before.
- Rumble too, apparently - Related thread.
- Call for Help doesn't work - BOs don't seem to be coming to help you if they are not already very close to you. Related thread. Fixed with this patch.
- Tailor not working - Reports of various broken tailor issues. Related thread 1. Related thread 2. Related thread 3. Fix in the next build of Tribble after the current one. Fixed with this patch.
- Tailor body types - Changing the preset body types in the tailor only changes height. Related thread.
- Minimap always starts zoomed in - The minimap always starts out zoomed and doesn't seem to remember the last zoom factor when you zone into a new area, always starting zoomed in again.
- White Blobs in space - Some people are reporting seeing white blobs on certain maps. Related thread. Fix incoming Partially fixed More fixing being done still
- Missing water animations - Splash and dripping animations missing at SFA, but present on Bajor. Related thread.
- Unable to claim Tal'kyr - The Tal'kyr support craft for those who obtained a D'kyr science vessel appears to be unclaimable. Related thread.
- Azura Tactical Console Non-functional - if in groups of 3 members or more. Related thread.
- Mailing stacks of items name wrong - Not actually a pre-season 6 bug. See this post for more info Fixed on Tribble. Fixed.
- DOff Assignments different in different instances of the same sector
- Fleet Event Calendar issues - Related thread. Fixed.
- Emergency Holograms - You can now make duplicate emergency holograms. Reported here.
- Some keybinds still activate even if cleared - Reported here.
- Diplomacy Commendation Ranks not always giving rewards - Related thread.
- Power activation issues - Related thread.