Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   The Academy (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=127)
-   -   Fleet Starbase Construction (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=327011)

oldspyguy 07-25-2012 10:42 AM

Fleet Starbase Construction
 
I am more than a little confused and a bit dismayed. We just acquired enough science points (10,000) to complete tier one. STO did open an upgrade project for a communications array. But our starbase is still at tier zero and I obvioulsy don't understand what it takes to get this facility built to tier one. I see no Starbase xp points at all and I thought that once you completed a tier one project in either military, engineering or science that you would get the 1,000 starbase xp and the tier one starbase.

I see no indication that anything on the starbase front has changed.

Would somebody kindly explain this so I can understand?

Thanks.

josephdridgeway 07-25-2012 10:52 AM

There are actually a couple of steps involved, in upgrading the actual starbase to the next tier.

You have started your upgrade to the communications array. Once that is finished, you will get a Upgrade Starbase 1 project, which will upgrade your starbase.

In order to upgrade your starbase tier, you MUST upgrade one of your supporting facilities to the corresponding tier, FIRST.

Then, and only then, will you get the project to upgrade the starbase itself.

hevach 07-25-2012 10:57 AM

No clarify, your Starbase tier is based on Starbase XP, which you don't get from normal projects. Only upgrade projects give that, you get 1000 for each military, science, or engineering tier upgrade you finish. After you finish your communications array, you'll get 1000 starbase XP, which will unlock the starbase tier 1 upgrade.

oldspyguy 07-25-2012 11:40 AM

Thanks. That's disappointing and I wish I had known that earlier. I also wish there was a better manual on this game. The wiki was not clear on this and STO seems so intricate that I find it hard to keep up.

Thanks again to you both.

tangolight 07-25-2012 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldspyguy (Post 4952661)
Thanks. That's disappointing and I wish I had known that earlier. I also wish there was a better manual on this game. The wiki was not clear on this and STO seems so intricate that I find it hard to keep up.

Thanks again to you both.

I just reached that point myself in my fleet, I looked at the upgrade project, and it clearly says there that upon completing it, one of the benefits is 1000 Fleet XP, so it seemed clear to me. None of the other projects mentioned they gave fleet XP (which they aren't supposed to.)

mikewendell 07-25-2012 03:38 PM

I'm doing the Construct Shipyard right now and it says "1,000 Starbase level"

oldspyguy 07-25-2012 05:53 PM

I was looking at the wiki and I did not get that there was an extra project after I got to 10,000 points in any of the disciplines. It was my impression that the 10,000 would equate to 1,000 starbase points.

Obviously, I was mistaken. I just wish things were better explained.

tangolight 07-25-2012 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldspyguy (Post 4959841)
I was looking at the wiki and I did not get that there was an extra project after I got to 10,000 points in any of the disciplines. It was my impression that the 10,000 would equate to 1,000 starbase points.

Obviously, I was mistaken. I just wish things were better explained.

If the information was in the game, but not on the player created and maintained wiki where you were looking, I don't think you can really blame Cryptic for this one. :)

unityrains 08-08-2012 11:05 AM

Okay. I am just trying to clarify because no one in my fleet seems to know. You MUST get one of the three sections to 10,00o points before you can upgrade your base to Tier 1. I have looked all over but this seems to be escaping me. Thanks!

latinumbar 08-08-2012 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unityrains (Post 5181561)
Okay. I am just trying to clarify because no one in my fleet seems to know. You MUST get one of the three sections to 10,00o points before you can upgrade your base to Tier 1. I have looked all over but this seems to be escaping me. Thanks!

Yes, but there are some additional steps.

If you look at general starbase tiers, for Tier 1 it says that it "unlocks at 1000 Fleet XP".

To get 1000 fleet XP, you have to upgrade 1 of your facilities (either shipyard, fabricator, or comm array).

If you look at your facilities, for Tier 1 it says that it "unlocks at 10,000 <facility> XP".

So here is the order:
1) get 10,000 XP in one of the tracks. Must all be in the same track. (having 5000 xp in engineering and 5000 in military doesn't count as a total 10,000).

2) Run upgrade of that facility (so.. build shipyard, fabricator, or comm array). Upon completion, you get 1000 fleet xp which unlocks the starbase upgrade.

3) Run starbase upgrade project.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:58 PM.