Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   The Academy (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=127)
-   -   What is the Current Advantage to being a Life-Time Subscriber? (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=334581)

saverick459 07-30-2012 11:25 AM

What is the Current Advantage to being a Life-Time Subscriber?

I've been debating getting a life-time subscriber sub, but the Information on Life Time accounts compared to current accounts seems extremely out of date. Does anybody have an up to date list on the advantages of being a life-time subscriber compared to free-to-play?

boglejam73 07-30-2012 11:34 AM

Really, the only advantage I find worth anything is the 500 zen a month I get paid to play the game.

The only other real advantage is the 600 day vet free VA ship token I get per toon, but you could pay monthly and qualify for that.

realuniqueone 07-30-2012 11:38 AM

You get a bigger knife in your back every time the game adds something new (that now always seems to require a second real life money purchase).

... actually i'm not a lifer, so I have no idea ...

... and with waiting a month now (and still waiting) for a fix for a camera bug making the game completely unplayable, why would I buy a lifetime? it's completely obvious that the powers that be care nothing about the game itself any more.

starhound 07-30-2012 11:40 AM

Im totally unsure. Its hard to justify Gold never mind life.

thoroon 07-30-2012 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saverick459 (Post 5042811)
Does anybody have an up to date list on the advantages of being a life-time subscriber compared to free-to-play?

Just look up feature-matrix, gold is the same as LTS.
Add Neverwinter Beta access, and you're already done.
The advantages are rather small.
If you don't care for Vet rewards and don't level up a toon till VA every month, it's not worth it anymore.

You're better off buying a sub for the month you're leveling, which is really worth it.

mikewendell 07-30-2012 01:46 PM

Where's that rowboat picture....

enemyoffate 07-30-2012 01:53 PM

They need a Zen bonus upon initial buying, of at least $30-$40 range, i mean you just spent 200 for something, they would get the money in the end. Also having a higher Gold/LTS base, would give more reasons into making pay-play servers in the future. Just a thought but, subscriber bases should be a concern at least. :cool:

saverick459 07-30-2012 09:30 PM

So basically I can spend 15 bucks while leveling to gain all the gold advantages (IE Bank Space) and keep them when it expires?

grouchyotaku 07-31-2012 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saverick459 (Post 5052121)
So basically I can spend 15 bucks while leveling to gain all the gold advantages (IE Bank Space) and keep them when it expires?

However, you don't get access to the 'Liberated Borg' player character, as only a Lifetime sub has access to this species...

srspells 07-31-2012 12:37 AM

tbh I think the respec tokens, vet rewards account bank, extra inventory and bank slots = more value plus I consider it a nice way to support servers, I mean I spend money monthly but boy do I love my liberated borg.
-Spells