Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   PvP Gameplay (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=125)
-   -   pvp weekly update- 7/31/2012 (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=336331)

matteo716maikai 07-31-2012 03:40 PM

pvp weekly update- 7/31/2012

hey there doodz and doodettes!

since last week... uhh...

we got.... uhh....

er....

uuhh.......

interaction about some bugs! thats right!

ooo and i think plasmonic leach got fixed/broken/nerfed

ummm anything else?
somthing else!-
Quote:

Originally Posted by borticuscryptic (Post 5067691)
Hey now - bugs are important!

Ok, here's a quick list. Over the past week, we've managed to:

1) Track down and fix a stacking error in our code that is (and has been) causing powers to not behave the way in which they are designed. The most notable among these is Plasmonic Leech, but other powers may have been affected as well. This fix should appear on Tribble on Holodeck very soon.

The result of this fix will be that Plasmonic Leech behaves as intended: Stack Limit of 8 on any target receiving the debuff, and a Stack Limit of 8 on any player using the console. If 3 players use it on a single target, he gets 8 debuffs and each player gets 8 buffs.

2) Reliably reproduce a series of UI calls that were causing KDF-Red UIs to be erroneously replaced with FED-Blue UIs. This fix will also be going live soon.

This was unrelated to various "Weapons cannot fire" threads going around.

3) Unreliably repro the "Weapons Stop Functioning" bug. But even unreliable repro is better than none. We have a theory we are exploring at this time, and hope to have a working fix by the end of this week.

4) Finalize the Mine Revamp which should be arriving on Tribble in the next day or two. While this isn't directly a PvP-related change, many of you may be relieved to hear that part of the changes include reducing the number of mines that are launched. It's not a huge drop, but it will reduce "mine spam" by a small amount.

That's just the list off the top of my noggin. May've been more. Watch for a Tribble update soon to see if anything else is coming your way.

too bad the latest changes on tribble completely made all this stuff utterly pointless.

whos bright idea was it to make chrono mines 100% proc? and transphasic mines cause such massive healing reduction?

cya next week!

thishorizon 07-31-2012 03:44 PM

thats great news.

just.......

great.

borticuscryptic 07-31-2012 03:59 PM

1) Track down and fix a stacking error in our code that is (and has been) causing powers to not behave the way in which they are designed. The most notable among these is Plasmonic Leech, but other powers may have been affected as well. This fix should appear on Tribble on Holodeck very soon.

The result of this fix will be that Plasmonic Leech behaves as intended: Stack Limit of 8 on any target receiving the debuff, and a Stack Limit of 8 on any player using the console. If 3 players use it on a single target, he gets 8 debuffs and each player gets 8 buffs.

2) Reliably reproduce a series of UI calls that were causing KDF-Red UIs to be erroneously replaced with FED-Blue UIs. This fix will also be going live soon.

3) Unreliably repro the "Weapons Stop Functioning" bug. But even unreliable repro is better than none. We have a theory we are exploring at this time, and hope to have a working fix by the end of this week.

4) Finalize the Mine Revamp which should be arriving on Tribble in the next day or two. While this isn't directly a PvP-related change, many of you may be relieved to hear that part of the changes include reducing the number of mines that are launched. It's not a huge drop, but it will reduce "mine spam" by a small amount.

That's just the list off the top of my noggin. May've been more. Watch for a Tribble update soon to see if anything else is coming your way.

trueprom3theus 07-31-2012 04:13 PM

Glad to hear that PL is back in business. Thanks Bort!

meurik 07-31-2012 04:14 PM

In regards to mines, might we see them become STATIONARY in space, rather than "heat-seeking" mines, as they are currently? Perhaps have the heat-seeking feature be a part of some advanced type of mine ability?

zeuxidemus001 07-31-2012 04:22 PM

For pvp update relations as Cryptic or PWE decided to staff up GM's to deal with the ungodly amount of exploiters/cheaters that will arise when a pvp revamp/redesign actually goes forward?

I like pvp but its just forseen that with a statement that was made by someone that there is just not enough people at Cryptic or PWE to handle STO in the magnitude of where its being taken.

dontdrunkimshoot 07-31-2012 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by borticuscryptic (Post 5067691)

sounds great! we all really appreciate your work getting done on these things, and we appreciate you drooping by the pvp forum and engaging with us. the leach will still be as overpowering as ever. can you at least make power insulators reduce the number of stacks?

mines basically arent spam anymore. they are invisible till you get in range. spam=pets now a days.

good luck with the weapon disable bug, luckily its a problem in pve too so i expect theres a crunch to solve that ;)

aquitaine985 07-31-2012 06:23 PM

So, refreshing <3

Borticus for PVP Overlord Mk. II?

matteo716maikai 07-31-2012 07:28 PM

in keeping with the live updates!

mines on tribble are out of control.

mainly chrono mines

they will now have a 100% slow proc chance.

transphasic mines will slow down shield healing....

what the hell!

all this hard work at making the game better, just went out the window with this mine ****.

mavairo 07-31-2012 07:43 PM

Don't worry, we have Sins of a solar empire rebellion, endless space, and soon Mechwarrior.

Cryptic, we want to love this game, we want to love you. Plz stop kicking us in the face when we try. :(