Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Feature Episodes, Events and PvE Content (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=122)
-   -   hi not sure how i can avoid ground based missions (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=337891)

whtthefucusaying 08-02-2012 03:19 AM

hi not sure how i can avoid ground based missions
 
and just do space missions only as i dont like them ground based missions at all but thts just me (my tastes may not be the same as the trekkies) but would like to have option to avoid ground based missions/episodes thx also erm how do i change my login name and upgrade to a faster ship as this has not been showed to me yet ( im lvl 5)

hippiejon 08-02-2012 04:54 AM

It's impossible to avoid anything ground based, that is if you want to see the entire story. Many of the main story missions are indeed ground based. You can if you want "SKIP" those episodes. The option is in your mission journal. Otherwise , just don't do ground based fleet actions, or STFs or whatnot. Just choose space battles.

I do not think it's possible to change your login name ? I could be wrong, but I think once you've choosen that name , it's your handle.

Also, a final thought. Patience is a virtue. You're level 5. Obviously by looking around the game, yes, bigger , faster ships do become available. Try and enjoy what you have. Levelling is stupid fast in this game. You'll be level 50 , flying the big awesome ships in no time.

But a more direct answer. You'll find out more when you make level 10 and become a Lcdr. Every RANK up , you get a new ship that is "better" than the one you were just flying.

Welcome to STO.
Hope you enjoy it. :)

dma1986 08-02-2012 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hippiejon (Post 5091641)
Every RANK up , you get a new ship that is "better" than the one you were just flying.

Except for Rear Admiral Upper Half, and Vice Admiral (levels 45 and 50 respectively).

markhawkman 08-02-2012 11:30 AM

I love ground combat. :D it's fun.

realuniqueone 08-02-2012 02:47 PM

Ground missions are horrible in STO. I couldn't agree more with the OP. I do everything possible to avoid them.

What the hell is a vice admiral doing running around on a dangerous planet collecting data samples for someone who can't be botherred doing it themselves anyway???

reginamala78 08-02-2012 10:38 PM

You get new ships at levels 10, 20, 30, and 40. If you want to level up very quickly, the Mirror Universe event goes quick, a couple levels in an hour, all space combat, but you have to be Level 10 to do it at all. But don't push it so fast on your first character, as you will make plenty of build mistakes and the faster you push the less time you'll have to spot your mistake and mostly-correct it (or at least not compound it). Or you can spend dilithium on zen and zen on a respec token, but you really do need to learn to know what works and what doesn't before you go spending money.

whtthefucusaying 08-06-2012 03:53 AM

oh ok thxs for the tips guys i will now totally avoid story and just wait till i see it through youtube instead time to find and kiill the flying bots

tdon7 08-06-2012 04:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by realuniqueone (Post 5102561)
Ground missions are horrible in STO. I couldn't agree more with the OP. I do everything possible to avoid them.

What the hell is a vice admiral doing running around on a dangerous planet collecting data samples for someone who can't be botherred doing it themselves anyway???

Ask Jim Kirk.

WTF is an admiral doing getting in to a ship-to-ship battle with a stolen fed boat, or getting in to a fist fight with an angry Klingon, or going back in time to swipe some whales?

The Feds and the Klingons probably realize that they might as well issue orders to go do dangerous things, otherwise the Admirals will just steal the ships and go do them anyway.

whtthefucusaying 08-06-2012 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tdon7 (Post 5146561)
Ask Jim Kirk.

WTF is an admiral doing getting in to a ship-to-ship battle with a stolen fed boat, or getting in to a fist fight with an angry Klingon, or going back in time to swipe some whales?

The Feds and the Klingons probably realize that they might as well issue orders to go do dangerous things, otherwise the Admirals will just steal the ships and go do them anyway.

jim kirk was alaways a bit fishy as tj hooker lol

ussberlin 08-07-2012 04:14 PM

ground combat was bad at release now its ok but i like space combat more


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:19 PM.