Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Feature Episodes, Events and PvE Content (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=122)
-   -   Elite's abnormally difficult? (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=339361)

ziploc332 08-02-2012 11:47 PM

Elite's abnormally difficult?
 
After the patch, though it could be coincidence, I've noticed that Elite STFs are a LOT harder (as in more so than before).

I had started to get the hang of how to run Elite's, but tonight has been nothing but face-in-dirt constantly, even though I'm doing nothing different, no new gear, nothing. I guess it could be getting stuck with low grade players, but I just want to make sure that nobody else has gone from just okay to total roflstomped.

thoroon 08-02-2012 11:55 PM

Ground or space?

I didn't play ground in a while, but at least for space my wife found no differences, except two things:
- Invisitorps are survivable, even without buffed shields.
- Drops: 2 Proto Borg Shield Tech, a Proto Borg Deflector Tech and a Proto Engine Tech since yesterday (doing 6 STFs in total)

ziploc332 08-03-2012 12:19 AM

Both, on ground players (myself included) are dying almost instantly, in space things seem to have almost double the HP, or at least double the time to kill.

sophlogimo 08-03-2012 01:28 AM

Hm. Maybe you just had worse teams than usual?

aethon3050 08-03-2012 01:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thoroon (Post 5108131)
Ground or space?

I didn't play ground in a while, but at least for space my wife found no differences, except two things:
- Invisitorps are survivable, even without buffed shields.
- Drops: 2 Proto Borg Shield Tech, a Proto Borg Deflector Tech and a Proto Engine Tech since yesterday (doing 6 STFs in total)

Either you're extremely lucky, or I'm hitting the Elite STF's like crazy when I get home, lol.

carmenara 08-03-2012 03:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ziploc332 (Post 5108081)
After the patch, though it could be coincidence, I've noticed that Elite STFs are a LOT harder (as in more so than before).

I had started to get the hang of how to run Elite's, but tonight has been nothing but face-in-dirt constantly, even though I'm doing nothing different, no new gear, nothing. I guess it could be getting stuck with low grade players, but I just want to make sure that nobody else has gone from just okay to total roflstomped.

The reason is due to the Plasma weapon type being significantly more effective at burning through your hull with the secondary (proc) damage. Ground plasma weapons too have been buffed.

Unprepared, you will see the Borg plasma weapons eat through your hull very quickly.

Space counters: -

1) Keep Hazard Emitters handy when taking fire. When you start to see the plasma procs burn through your hull enable HE and other damage resist boosters like Polarize Hull & Auxiliary to Structural and manage your attack range.
2) Load plasma resistance armor, like Electroceramic (very cheap) or Neutronium (very expensive). Experienced pilots who already have 2x to 4x Neutronium armor consoles will feel very much less of the plasma proc, but unarmoured ships will get roasted very fast no matter how large it is.
3) Inspect the Season 6 weapon procs, certain weapon types like Tetryon and Polaron have had their procs buffed significantly as well. You can use them to create an advantage - for my case I run polaron cannon Mk 12 DMGx3 on continuous rapid fire to shut down enemy weapons power so the team receives much less effective damage.
4) You now have in-combat automatic repair (very noticeable with SIF Generator console installed). Use it to counter the plasma fire passively and generally enhance survivability.

Ground: -

If you have MACO or Omega gear you will likewise be able to survive the enhanced procs, just bear in mind to use hypos real quick when you receive incoming damage, as always

If you're running standard or fleet gear, try to get something with [pla] [platet] resistance bonuses for the same reason in space. A shield and armor with above anti plasma stats does boost your Ground STF effectiveness significantly, in certain cases allowing you to tank elite tac drones as well.

richandrews 08-03-2012 03:26 AM

I noticed im getting hit by more invisi torps since the last patch. just this morning i was KOed 3 times in a row through full shield and full hull.

However my fleet still managed to run ISE with 7:40 left on the clock, so they cant have made it that much harder.

daiouvegeta2 08-03-2012 12:02 PM

I haven't noticed any change really, and I take the full brunt of almost any STF I'm in as a tank.

ziploc332 08-03-2012 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carmenara (Post 5109261)
The reason is due to the Plasma weapon type being significantly more effective at burning through your hull with the secondary (proc) damage. Ground plasma weapons too have been buffed.

Unprepared, you will see the Borg plasma weapons eat through your hull very quickly.

Thanks, I've been doing some of these. Hazard Emitters 2 waiting for burn, I have Plasmas resistance armor (ceramic though, can't afford Neutronium yet) but I don't have polarize hull/Aux-Structural. I need the tractor beam for Khit (nobody can just nuke the probes, I don't see why that's so difficult). I'm also running Tetryon, but considering moving to Polaron for the DPS reduction, even if it doesn't help with torpedoes, my main nemesis. I can't pickup SIFs because I need it for the Plasma resist, only 2 Engineering consoles (Advanced Escort)

As for ground, I almost have the complete MACO 12 set (really excited!) and I don't have a chance to use Hypos most of the time, I just go down in seconds. Getting behind cover has proven marginally effective. I've reviewed my build, and made some appropriate changes, which have helped a bit on the ground, but space is still a wipe. We lost the Kang in Elite Cure Space, and all my groups seem to have a general lack of DPS all around.

I think it is, ultimately, the people I'm running with. I had one STF that went really well today, the rest have been beyond annoying.

daiouvegeta2 08-03-2012 01:40 PM

Yea, STF pugs post-season 6 have been bad mainly because all of the knowledgable people are off doing fleet based grinds rather than the stf grind. But you still sometimes get people that know wtf they're doing.

Example:
I did KASE last night, took nearly 40 minutes to complete. Lots of rainbows flying everywhere with a lot of cruisers in the mix, with only 1 escort.
I did ISE directly afterwords, completed with 6 minutes left on the optional clock. This was a 5 escort/tac mixed with my cruiser/eng/tank, so it was far beyond easy.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:11 PM.